• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

GT for Chemistry paper 22 AS.

aom

Reaction score
good that u posted this the OH is for the acidic solution (catlysed) but the halogen (Br2 or Cl2) is in the aqueos media.... its just above the one u posted
and another thing its not in the syllabus the one ur taking about

Reaction score
and another thing its not in the syllabus the one ur taking about

Yes, it is in the syllabus: The reaction with steam catalysed by phosphoric acid to produce alcohols. Am not denying the fact that halogens react by this mechanism. In fact, both steam and halogens react with alkenes by electrophilic addition. That's what I am saying

Reaction score
327 is a high temperature for this reaction as it was exothermic so while the reaction takes place it will also generate heat thus its a pretty good temp..........;)
One more thing about enthalpy change. How was it 129, + or -. mine was coming 400 something :p
I asked some candidate( s ) who got 129 kJper mol , but they took also the enthalpy change of combustion of H2( g ) while making the cycle ( Hess's law ). I thought data of enthalpy change of combustion of H2( g ) was a trick! Because there's no enthalpy change from H2 ( g ) to H2 ( g )!
Anyone else got this?? :confused:
Lool there is no enthalapy change of formation on an element like H2 but there is definitly and enthalpy change of combustion and u had to use it!

Reaction score
guys what are your thoughts on this for the aluminium burning in chlorine question i wrote the equation as 2AL(s) + 3Cl2(g) ---> Al2Cl6(g) is the examiner gona allow this?

Reaction score
guys what are your thoughts on this for the aluminium burning in chlorine question i wrote the equation as 2AL(s) + 3Cl2(g) ---> Al2Cl6(g) is the examiner gona allow this?
I actually think this IS the right ans...as AlCl3 is nt stable...

Reaction score
I actually think this IS the right ans...as AlCl3 is nt stable...
Man that's was the only reason i wrote it and since everyone and yes everyone else in my school about 500 students wrote ALCL3 so it made me doubt mine. One or 2 quite able students said that for a question like this the examiner allows both answers so hoping inshAllah that happens :D

Reaction score
in the last question the two functional groups present were alcoholl and ketone right?.....but instead of alcohol i accidently wrote aldehyde...( silly mistake :( ) ....my question is that will i get error carried forward in the later parts of this question....considering the fact that penalization for same mistake again and again would be unfair... quick reply plzzz :(