• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

GT for Chemistry paper 22 AS.

Reaction score
No the reaction was not equilibr
So that means that increasing pressure increases forward reaction whereas decreasing it favours backward reaction.
Adding catalyst lowers the activation energy thus more methanol is produced in the same tym.
Increasing temp favors forward reaction whereas decreasing it favors the backward reaction?
The enthalpy was negative,right?so the reaction was endothermic?I got confused here:confused:
No the reaction was equilibrium it wasn't a reversible reaction it was a simple reaction so le chatliers law doesn't imply on it u have to simply wrote about collisions and activation energy is come over by high temperature and due to pressure there are higher collisions not forward reaction is due to less no of moles thats wrong..l,even u made that mistake which most of the people made...

Reaction score
No the reaction was equilibrium it wasn't a reversible reaction it was a simple reaction so le chatliers law doesn't imply on it u have to simply wrote about collisions and activation energy is come over by high temperature and due to pressure there are higher collisions not forward reaction is due to less no of moles thats wrong..l,even u made that mistake which most of the people made...
Sorry *wasnt equilibrium

Reaction score
i did the same but i read in a book that (the second one) dissolves" but has ph of 6.5...so how can it be that it dissolves and has ph less than 7??

not naming the compound coz of long 24 hours :)
It is dissolve react react I have had a long discussion with my friends and sir about this they say it's dissolve react react !!!

egy

Reaction score
how many marks for the catalyst , pressure and tempreature one ????????

Reaction score
myy baad:'(
Your Enthalpy change was -129..is it????