• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Having Breakfast with Sh.Ibn Othaymeen

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Wait.. I am confused... So is recording and taking pics allowed?
And how is it related to the second part? In which the Sheikh showed his humility?

AAnsarii GorgeousEyes acas shaikh

the answer to 1st question is that it is a fiqh issue with difference of opinion among scholars... and the opinion I personally follow (youtube has Dr. zakir naik explaining why scholars have that opinion.. u can find it there) is that there is nothing wrong with that on principal, insha'Allah.... ofc it can become dis-allowed for other matters for instance if a girl puts up her pictures where nnon-mahrum ppl can see it.. then obviously its not ok..

Secondly the article shows his humility... in first part how this renowned scholar was so easy to accept truth even if it came from a kid.... and this is a grand scholar millions of ppl look up to(a really famous scholar in Saudi).. and he was so humble to listen to a kid tell him that...
and then you see how when he had so many ppl around him.. giving him so much importance n listening to him.. yet he was so humble and kind that when he saw that kid shifting on his feet coz of the hot ground he spread out his own lower garment and made the child stand on it.. :) and we notice the kid learned that from him.... :')

Reaction score
Having Breakfast with Sh.Ibn Othaymeen by Sh. Waleed Basyouni

408521_10151633295725734_1412035524_n.png

Having breakfast with Sh. Ibn Othaymeen is not something that can easily be forgotten. I knew that it was a special honor that I was among those who attended such a gathering. A breakfast was arranged between the Shaykh and the students of Gulf high schools who had made the trip out west to perform Umrah that spring.

:)
(y) do tag me next time

Reaction score
the answer to 1st question is that it is a fiqh issue with difference of opinion among scholars... and the opinion I personally follow (youtube has Dr. zakir naik explaining why scholars have that opinion.. u can find it there) is that there is nothing wrong with that on principal, insha'Allah.... ofc it can become dis-allowed for other matters for instance if a girl puts up her pictures where nnon-mahrum ppl can see it.. then obviously its not ok..

Secondly the article shows his humility... in first part how this renowned scholar was so easy to accept truth even if it came from a kid.... and this is a grand scholar millions of ppl look up to(a really famous scholar in Saudi).. and he was so humble to listen to a kid tell him that...
and then you see how when he had so many ppl around him.. giving him so much importance n listening to him.. yet he was so humble and kind that when he saw that kid shifting on his feet coz of the hot ground he spread out his own lower garment and made the child stand on it.. :) and we notice the kid learned that from him.... :')
^___^
Nice! Nice Indeed!

Reaction score
badrobot14 Jazakallahu khair for the tag and for sharing the information.
just like to add a little something to this.
here the lecturer says that taking pics is forbidden too. I personally follow this opinion, just to be on the safer side. :)

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
wa iyyakum every1 who said jazakAllah.. :p xD :)
You know before I read "by Sh. Waleed Basyouni", I actually thought what is a guy that old (who saw Shaikh Al-Uthaymeen) doing in XPC especially with a name of "badrobot"
:)
LOL..! XD ahaha... seriously.. I dnt want to b that old.. but I'd like to meet sh. uthaymeen.. :p xD

Reaction score