• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

help in o levels pakistan studies paper 1!ALL STUDENTS AND A* holders!!!

Reaction score
okay i dont get one thing from the marking schemes what is level 3 it says explains one factor but then in l4 it say explains both ???? if i explain 1 thing in l3 the how can i explain both in l4 i just dont get it help will be appreciated! CHEERS

Reaction score
okay i dont get one thing from the marking schemes what is level 3 it says explains one factor but then in l4 it say explains both ???? if i explain 1 thing in l3 the how can i explain both in l4 i just dont get it help will be appreciated! CHEERS
l3 means your answer explains one thing.
l4 means your answer explains both factors.
the levels are not steps of one another. they are independent, representing the quality of your answer.

Reaction score
in the 14 mark question you are asked to give your opinion about an event or personality. for example, you are asked, "which of the reformers work contributed most towards the Pakistan movement? Shah Wali Ullah, Haji Shariat Ullah, Syed Ahmed Shaheed"
you are supposed to give a relevent background of the works of all three reformers. and then give at most two reasons why you think one of them contributed most.
generally speaking, explain all three options. and then conclude with reason, your choice!

Reaction score
so
in the 14 mark question you are asked to give your opinion about an event or personality. for example, you are asked, "which of the reformers work contributed most towards the Pakistan movement? Shah Wali Ullah, Haji Shariat Ullah, Syed Ahmed Shaheed"
you are supposed to give a relevent background of the works of all three reformers. and then give at most two reasons why you think one of them contributed most.
generally speaking, explain all three options. and then conclude with reason, your choice!
its like i start the write about thier work and why it was important and then conclude in the end?

Reaction score
still didnt get it :D
it's like you rate songs in your playlist. 5 stars are the BEST songs. 4 stars are a little less favourite.
Same way, there are levels or qualities of answers..... l1 (too little info), l2(better than l1 in terms of substance)........ l4(THE BEST answer that completely addresses the question) :)

Reaction score
how would you answer this question just tell me the pattern:
"Do you think that the celebration of the day of Deliverence was Jusified? Give reasons for your answer"
14 MARKS

Reaction score
so

its like i start the write about thier work and why it was important and then conclude in the end?
you write about their work, but only that which the examiner is asking for: the work that supported Pakistan movement. poori kitaab naee chhapni! :p
and you conclude with your opinion and why YOU think it was the particular reformer of your choice that contributed most!

Reaction score
it's like you rate songs in your playlist. 5 stars are the BEST songs. 4 stars are a little less favourite.
Same way, there are levels or qualities of answers..... l1 (too little info), l2(better than l1 in terms of substance)........ l4(THE BEST answer that completely addresses the question) :)
so its like if i give and explain more than one reason my answer will be worth l4 marks ?

Reaction score
how would you answer this question just tell me the pattern:
"Do you think that the celebration of the day of Deliverence was Jusified? Give reasons for your answer"
14 MARKS
tell of the oppressive congress rule.
explain the Wardha scheme, what it was, and why were muslims against it.
explain the social and official injustice faced by the muslims at the hands of hindus.
bowing to gandhi's picture in school, and the anthem.....
see, along with reasons, add REFERENCES (names of people, dates, places, movements etc)
tell the date, what jinnah and the muslim league thought?
and then say why you think it was justified or not.......

Reaction score
thats pretty easy then it was me who was confused :D but anyways thanks for your help really appreciate it ! :p
Humanities are easy. they're more about technique than material. and mention not.
my wall is always open for more help if you want! :)

Reaction score
i have my finals in may what would you people suggest i study so i have atleast a question at my disposal

Reaction score
i have my finals in may what would you people suggest i study so i have atleast a question at my disposal
here r some option:
- study all 3 sectionss oughly but u should still be able to answer most of the question
- skip any one section n study other two perfectly (i recommend to study sec 1 n 2)

Reaction score
Please mark. Comments would also be welcome.

1. What was the Hijrat movement?
ans. The Hijrat movement started in august 1920. India had been declared as Dar-ul-Harb so 18,000 muslims sold their belongings and left for Afghanistan. Although they were told that the Afghan government would welcome them this was not the case and the muslims had to return back. The Hijrat movement resulted in economic misery of the muslims who had left as all their pocessions were gone and they had lost their jobs.

won't we write wh started it and all...?

Reaction score
Could you answer this question please:
1. Why did the Muslim League and Congress oppose Government Of India Act 1935? (7)

Are these points correct:
1. No immediate dominion status(demanded by Congress in the Nehru report).
2. Power was still retained by the governer and viceroy who could still pass any any law he chose.

Reaction score
always there are two sides in 14 marks question like success or failure, was that the only reason, he was no successful etc...
when u write agree(or disagree) to the statement u r in l3. u can g upto 10 marks. when u write smthing like this "however it was not the only reason" or "there were other reasons as wel.." u go against the statement and start l4. u can get upto 13 in it.
means u have to give against and in favor. both the sides of same thing to get the l4/13.