• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

help in o levels pakistan studies paper 1!ALL STUDENTS AND A* holders!!!

Reaction score
always there are two sides in 14 marks question like success or failure, was that the only reason, he was no successful etc...
when u write agree(or disagree) to the statement u r in l3. u can g upto 10 marks. when u write smthing like this "however it was not the only reason" or "there were other reasons as wel.." u go against the statement and start l4. u can get upto 13 in it.
means u have to give against and in favor. both the sides of same thing to get the l4/13.
are there any reasons against the day of deliverence?? and is this reason correct that it that it completly broke down any hindu muslim unity and was the actual parting of wayz.

Reaction score
are there any reasons against the day of deliverence?? and is this reason correct that it that it completly broke down any hindu muslim unity and was the actual parting of wayz.
what do u mean by reasons against day of deliverance? what's the question?

Reaction score
List
can u upload hunaid akhtar's notes plz ?
Listen,I'm really troubled 'cause my school is new I
m -part of O levels first batch for 'em. Please,guide me that how I can study completely in 20-30 days time to secure an A* at any cost. PLEASE? Also tell me that are the redspot History past paper question reliable,are they? They are so lenghty. Memorising ain't that difficult but gosh time management fo' such lenghty answers is difficult. I've large handwriting plus slow writing ): HELP ME :'( Do tell me that are answers lenght in the past papers correct? For an A* do I have to write really long and comprehensive answers too? Or can I cut out some of the point and facrt from each paragraph of the 14 mark questions? How did you mange the space given fo' answers in the CIE exams? Did you run short of space if you had large handwriting too like me. Mine is like EXTRA-LARGE :p What should I do?
HOw many lines and space was provided fo' each question.
Answer all my question please. I need quidance from someone who secured an A*,so please guide and pray fo' me?? :')

Reaction score
what do u mean by reasons against day of deliverance? what's the question?

I believe it would be:

Do you think that the celebrations for Day of Deliverance were justified?Give reasons. /14

In negative you could give that it hurt congress and there was no hope of reconciliation and avoiding partition.You could also give that Britain was at war and it gave a bad impression to the British.There could be more negatives.

Reaction score
Can any of you mark these answers for me:

1. What is Diarchy?(4)
ans.The system of Diarchy was introduced as part of the Montauge-Chelmsford reforms in 1918. According to it the areas of responsibility were divided into two lists namely transfered subjects and reserved subjects . The transfered subjects, such as local government and public education, were under the provincial ministers and the reserved subjects,like power resources and justice, were under the provincial governers.

2. Why was the Muslim-League founded?(7)
ans.One of the reasons for the formation of the muslim league was the opposition to partition to Bengal by Hindus. This re-enforced the communal division and since the Congress was predominantly Hindu the muslims realized that they needed their own party to protect and promote their interests.

Another reason that the muslims formed their own political party was due to their success at Simla. The Simla Delegation 1906 encouraged the muslims to form their own political party.

Furthermore although Bengal had been partitioned and the Simla Deputation was successful the muslims still felt that they lacked the influence that the Hindus had gained through Congress. Once this thought entered their mind it was inevitable that they would form their own political party.

I would appreciate comments.
I would also like someone to answer this question :

Of all the events between 1911-1919 was the Amritsar massacre the one that had the greatest impact on relations between the British and the Indian people? Give reasons for your answer.
1. 4marks
2. 6 marks : no simplistic statement abrupt start
remember that montague chelmsford reforms were more important because these led to the rowlatt act and then finally to the amritsar massacre so these reforms were the bone of contention and are most important

Reaction score
1. 4marks
2. 6 marks : no simplistic statement abrupt start
remember that montague chelmsford reforms were more important because these led to the rowlatt act and then finally to the amritsar massacre so these reforms were the bone of contention and are most important
i am amazed how u people are taught! this is the style examiners like. the abrupt style - examiners call it starting with direct answer to the question. simple statement is actually a silly thing which examiners hate.
although he does get 6 marks coz he did not wrote HOW second reason actually caused the muslim league to be founded.

Reaction score
i am amazed how u people are taught! this is the style examiners like. the abrupt style - examiners call it starting with direct answer to the question. simple statement is actually a silly thing which examiners hate.
although he does get 6 marks coz he did not wrote HOW second reason actually caused the muslim league to be founded.
I know the paper pattern very well mark scheme dekho in that it is clearly mentioned that there is 1 mark for simplistic satement in 7 marks and 2 marks are reserved for simple statement in 14 mark question

Reaction score
I know the paper pattern very well mark scheme dekho in that it is clearly mentioned that there is 1 mark for simplistic satement in 7 marks and 2 marks are reserved for simple statement in 14 mark question
okay so u want level 4 or level1? 1 marks or 7 marks? u must start by level 3 and u get direct 5/l3 and for next reason 6/l3 and then 7/l3.
learn if u want. i m not going in any arguments with my juniors. i have no mood of wastin my time.

Reaction score
Hey I have a question.
I've learned everything from Huma Naz Sethi's book and now atfer a few days I have my mocks . Should I revise for them ( and then later on also for my o levels) from Muhammad Anwar's book or should I do past papers? Help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
please explain how to answer this que:
''Pakistan was totally succesful in solving its initial problems'' do u agree? give reasons

Reaction score
Hey I have a question.
I've learned everything from Huma Naz Sethi's book and now atfer a few days I have my mocks . Should I revise for them ( and then later on also for my o levels) from Muhammad Anwar's book or should I do past papers? Help would be appreciated.
read my book :D lol

have a look at both. Importantly, read markschemes now. Ratta lagao

Reaction score
It is not difficult at all. u just have to give points according to the marks i.e for 3 marks 3 points for 4 marks 4 points and so on. extra points will give u safe side as u don't know that may be one of them is wrong but it will be balanced with extra info. However, in some questions mark allocation is different. along with identifying reasons, they give u marks for explaining them. This can be determined from the command words used in the question. u must know what each of them means. here is an example:
q: state two natural inputs necessary for wheat productions, and explain their importance. [5]
as the question says, first tell the natural inputs (not human)- for this u may be awarded 2 marks at most.
then u have to explain their importance- that can be of 3 marks. so here is the response.
ans. Wheat requires a temperature of 10-20 C for growing and a flat land. cold temperature helps the wheat to grow initially. A flat land make the use of machinery easy and also allows to irrigate.
u may need to further elaborate these points.
Another example is:
q: how can education and training help small scale farmers to increase the output of their farms? [4]
here u only need to give four points. Here are suggested response (i have written in point form but u will write in paragraph)
ans. 1) better care of livestock for better n increased output.
2) sustainable farming methods can be practiced to prevent their output limited. (long life of land)
3) they can better plan their crops to plant for better output.
4) decreasing the chances of infections on crops by using better methods than tradational ones.
5) education will let them take loans to invest in farms for better output.
although 4 points r enough but 5 points will give u a safe side.
salam

read this book for pakst paper 2 which i wrote
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?5gbk65gamme599k

Reaction score
truly helpful, actually I have its soft copy downloaded about a month ago. Very well-written, superb job. My prayers are with you. May you succeed in every step and be a source of guidance for others!
tell your friends by sharing the link. thankyou

Reaction score
can anyone explain me how to write an answer to 14 marks question in histroy paper accroding to marking scheme?plz help me it's urgent..........plz plz plz

Reaction score
can anyone explain me how to write an answer to 14 marks question in histroy paper accroding to marking scheme?plz help me it's urgent..........plz plz plz
4 marks:
in simple words 4 facts are required. a line which has some fact is a simple statement and a line with two facts is a developed statement. u get 1 marks for each simple statement and 2 for each developed statement. if line has more than 2 facts, i.e has 4 facts in a single line, u will get only 2 as that is still developed statement. so write 5 lines with 1 fact in each or write 2 developed statements and a simple statement to keep ur self on a safer side. That would be marked as 4/4.

7 marks:
it has problem of levels. They say that answers are marked according to the level of answer not by points but actually they now want u to write each point of highest level.
level 1: is simple statement that as some relation with the question. they would give u a mark for atleast attempting.
level 2: is when u are able to identify a reason or wrote reasons as a list or each line has some reasons. it starts with 3 and and for each reason u get 1 more mark. when ur reasons reach a maximum of 3, no further marks are given. highest marks are l2/5.
level 3: is when u not just write reasons but also explain how it is related to the question. they start with l3/5 direct. like if u wrote a single reason and tell what is was u'll get 5/7. so for each mark u'll get 1 more mark and would reach a maximum of 7/7.
example: why mughal empire declined?
l1: because it was weak
l2: there were long and costly wars. there were successions and infights. the kings had extravagant life style.
l3: describes the reason first: long and costly wars such as deccan wars with marathas. then explain how it led to the decline of mughal empire: like extragant life style made empire bankrupt(empty treasury), successions led to infights and little attention was paid to the other enemies. the army declined. emperor remained away from capital. so this led to the decline of empire.

14 Marks Question:
it requires u that u write 7 reasons which are like those mentioned above as l3. but here l3 and l4 are written the same way. just say it is higher level of l3. then u say why is there l4. the reason is that there are always two sides in each 14 marks question. favour and against. so favour is l3 and against is l4. l3 starts with l3/7 and can go to 9 if u write 3 reasons in favour
and to 10 if u write 4. when u give other side that becomes l4 which can start from l4/10 or l4/11. so 7 reasons with three/four in favour and three/four in against would earn u 13. conclusion is l5 which means that give ur opinion. but they say that it must not have repetition or summary, but after giving opinion relate how that event is important for future events.

Reaction score
well i want to ask one thing that is the reson in the question asked should be explain first? like in this question "was the introduction to jinnahs 14 point in 1929 the most important factor in the develpoment of pakistan movement between 1928 to 1935?give reson for you answer."so should i first explain jinnahs fourteen point or nehru report as it came befor jinnah's fourteen points according to the sequence..plz tell i will be thankful to u plz

Reaction score
well i want to ask one thing that is the reson in the question asked should be explain first? like in this question "was the introduction to jinnahs 14 point in 1929 the most important factor in the develpoment of pakistan movement between 1928 to 1935?give reson for you answer."so should i first explain jinnahs fourteen point or nehru report as it came befor jinnah's fourteen points according to the sequence..plz tell i will be thankful to u plz
i don't think it really matters but wht i do is explain the reason asked in question first as it helps me to cover almost all the points without missing any. Writing in this way i got 69/75 in history in these recent mocks :D