• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Reaction score
Hello, so I've been in a conundrum...
I had some family issues which resulted in my dropping highschool against my will. I really want to continue my education and go to a University but I want to also make up for lost time. So here's the deal:
1) I live in Saudi and cannot leave the country at all for unknown time.
2) I'm now 25 years old
3) I was planning throughout my life to go to Med school but now I just want to earn a degree to become independent and work.
4) I want to go to college for Political science.
5) I want to speed up the process so I can apply to an online university.
So...
How do I get my highschool diploma to be able to apply to Uni?
Do I go for A-Levels and end up using 2 extra years until I can get into Uni which given my age and situation is a bit of an issue to me.
Or is there another examination or system I can go for that can be an equivalent kind of like the GED for Americans? Please please I need guidance and details because I've researched a lot and even contacted the British council and all I got was vague answers or things unavailable to me due to where I live or things that are generalised and do not take my circumstances into account.
Any help or information would be a life saver!

Reaction score
Hello, so I've been in a conundrum...
I had some family issues which resulted in my dropping highschool against my will. I really want to continue my education and go to a University but I want to also make up for lost time. So here's the deal:
1) I live in Saudi and cannot leave the country at all for unknown time.
2) I'm now 25 years old
3) I was planning throughout my life to go to Med school but now I just want to earn a degree to become independent and work.
4) I want to go to college for Political science.
5) I want to speed up the process so I can apply to an online university.
So...
How do I get my highschool diploma to be able to apply to Uni?
Do I go for A-Levels and end up using 2 extra years until I can get into Uni which given my age and situation is a bit of an issue to me.
Or is there another examination or system I can go for that can be an equivalent kind of like the GED for Americans? Please please I need guidance and details because I've researched a lot and even contacted the British council and all I got was vague answers or things unavailable to me due to where I live or things that are generalised and do not take my circumstances into account.
Any help or information would be a life saver!
Hey, what you can do is look for private sectors that allow people to give A level exams privately , before that look for the age limit on Cambridge website although I think you are over the age limit but no worries just apply for a university and discuss your situation with them what they will do is ask you for an entry test of basic English, math and general knowledge . to prepare for entry test you should practice A level math and look up some Shakespeare famous dialogues as they are gonna ask you for its meaning. You can tell them the previous subjects you have studied and for what fields you are interested. I am sure they will tell you which course will be better for you. The most they will ask you is to enroll in pre-session course so you could get familiar with the stuff. An advice is before all this pls study all the high school syllabus so they can know that you are worth the place. hope it helps do reply back ;)

Reaction score
Hey, what you can do is look for private sectors that allow people to give A level exams privately , before that look for the age limit on Cambridge website although I think you are over the age limit but no worries just apply for a university and discuss your situation with them what they will do is ask you for an entry test of basic English, math and general knowledge . to prepare for entry test you should practice A level math and look up some Shakespeare famous dialogues as they are gonna ask you for its meaning. You can tell them the previous subjects you have studied and for what fields you are interested. I am sure they will tell you which course will be better for you. The most they will ask you is to enroll in pre-session course so you could get familiar with the stuff. An advice is before all this pls study all the high school syllabus so they can know that you are worth the place. hope it helps do reply back ;)
hope its not too late for a reply.