• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help needed in programming ! Anyone with experience please reply!

Reaction score
i want to learn some basic programming
please advise me a good language and ebook
i want to make simple programs to solve certain mathematic puzzles questions etc.

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
i want to learn some basic programming
please advise me a good language and ebook
i want to make simple programs to solve certain mathematic puzzles questions etc.

Step by step Miscrosoft Visual Basic 2010 by michel halvorson (not sure abt spelling),.... its by microsoft press..
is a good book to learn Visual Basic .NET from... andd VB is a language that is easy to code.. for biggeners... so I'd recommend that...

if u wan't something more widely used in industry go for Visual C#... book I can't recommend any particular..... (but I'd say learn VB 1st.. u can easily learn other languages later if u want...)

Reaction score
Step by step Miscrosoft Visual Basic 2010 by michel halvorson (not sure abt spelling),.... its by microsoft press..
is a good book to learn Visual Basic .NET from... andd VB is a language that is easy to code.. for biggeners... so I'd recommend that...

if u wan't something more widely used in industry go for Visual C#... book I can't recommend any particular..... (but I'd say learn VB 1st.. u can easily learn other languages later if u want...)
thanks a lot!

Reaction score
badrobot14
when i search visual Basic express, visual studio express comes they are same? right?
and the book will still be okay even if the program is new version?