• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HI FREINDS HOW WAS THE PHYSICS ATP GCSE O LAVEL?

Reaction score
How will the beaker be calibrated?

Also, it can be calibrated for volume, but for length?

So answers like using a calibrated beaker are being accepted but not the one i proposed. :/
Dont think calibrated one is right. You just cant change the whole apparatus like that. It has been told in Examiner Reports to not do that.

Reaction score
Dont think calibrated one is right. You just cant change the whole apparatus like that. It has been told in Examiner Reports to not do that.

The rod? Was it a wooden rod or something else?

Some people said to take it out, and look at the water marks, and mark it, and then measure L.
What do you think of this method?

Reaction score
The rod? Was it a wooden rod or something else?

Some people said to take it out, and look at the water marks, and mark it, and then measure L.
What do you think of this method?

Doesnt seem correct aswell? If we could just take out the rod, then what's the problem? I think CIE has more to it than that ;)
But hey that's just me.

Reaction score
How will the beaker be calibrated?

Also, it can be calibrated for volume, but for length?

So answers like using a calibrated beaker are being accepted but not the one i proposed. :/
Good point. Who didn't accept your answer?

Reaction score
Good point. Who didn't accept your answer?

Everyone. :p
Some say they said THIN BEAKER, so the meter rule won't fit. (Even though they didn't tell dimensions of beaker)
Others say, it is difficult to align the meter rule with the rod, and measure at same time.

Reaction score
Lets just pray that the examiners read it with a open mind. :p

Another physics master told me that such questions are general, and not everyone will right the same answer.
So in such questions the examiners award marks to all sensible answers by candidates.

Reaction score
people l gave the answers in SI units is it fine.....e.g the refraction question in which we had to measure lenghts??l did it because there were no units given in the question and my sir said if there were no units given then we have to take measurements in SL units?

God l am very worried.......

Reaction score
people l gave the answers in SI units is it fine.....e.g the refraction question in which we had to measure lenghts??l did it because there were no units given in the question and my sir said if there were no units given then we have to take measurements in SL units?

Reaction score

Nopes. you can do it in any. I did them in mm since ive heard that we should write light ray experiment values in mm but doesnt matter at all.

Reaction score
For question 1, part 2, I wrote that the rod is wrapped in cobalt chloride paper, that part that sinks becomes, pink, it is removed, measured with a ruler and wrote how to avoid parallex error. Is that correct?
Anyone?
i wrote almost the same experiment :p i wrote to add some dye in water to make it colored, and dip the rod in gently, then measure the uncoloured length of rod

Reaction score
In q.3 last part if we made line l on estimation would we get marks??