• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HISTORY HELP OFFERED !!!

Reaction score
Hi ! I have seen many people having some query in History so decided to make a thread to help everyone !!
Post the toughest questions you have over here and I will try to answer them.

Lets start with Revision of Section 1 so the first question is
-Why did British became involved in the sub-continent ? [7]

answer this !! :)

Reaction score
A1.
a.Russia problems --keep an eye on its insurgence
b.poor govt. by EIC so british intervened
c.passing of Indian Act gave them power like Governor general so they took it from here.
d.not want such a huge empire to be in trading companies hands so they took it.
e.they saw the Mughals collapse and other communities fight for power so they wanted the empire and extend their empire further.If they wont others would take it
f.also they saw the EIC generate so much profit the British wanted this and would be a good place for trading and setting up industries.

What marks do i get.

Well lets revise EIC also.
Why did the EIC become involved in the subcontinent in the 16 th century? (7)

Reaction score
you get 7/7

Ok
-EIC became involved as there was no central government present to stop EIC from invading
-Wealth of India lured British to invade india.
-Fear of Russian expansion.

Reaction score
u JA dude u r wrong like JA and his notes.

the third point is irrelevant as why would EIC a trading company want to do anything with russia cmon dude there are much better points then this.Also elaborate the first point a little.

Reaction score
Ok only for you

1)Mughals were already declining and the weakness of Mughals encouraged the EIC to set up there base in India.
ok third point should be
3) EIC needed a new trading partner as Dutch had settled in Indies and French in south africa so EIC needed a new country to trade with !!

Reaction score
nothing !! :p

ok here is another one
Q) why did Indian sub-continent attract Europeans in early seventeenth ceuntry ? [7]

Reaction score
arey yaar same sawal now u even write abt other european powers and also INDIA declining empire

Reaction score
I think it will be 14 marks
-Haji shariat ullah founded Farazi movement to awaken the Muslims of Bengal.
-Helped muslims to oppose the rule of Hindus and British.
-Sowed some seed to the road to Independence.
-Help muslims realize the importance of following Islamic teachings.

These are the successes !! the failure are very easy !!

Reaction score
Welllll. Ive never seen this question now days its been 5 years or more so i think this might come.

Q1.Was the War Of Independence a complete failure.Do u agree or disagree?Give reasons for ur answer? [14]

Reaction score
Scouser, how would you answer that? I mean are you supposed to include the cause of failure of the war of indepence in it? or highlight the successes and failures and effects it had..?
Well I'm not sure about the question, can you tell me which year it came?
Here are a few points I think.. They might be wrong :p
Good Effects:
-The War of Independence helped show the Indians that they were not pets of the British.
- It further highlighted how self-rule was desperately required.
-It led to the formation of INC, Muslim League, and reformers like Sir Syed Ahmad Khan
-It momentarily rid communal rivalry
-It helped finish the EIC, the start of the conquest.
-Proclamation of Allahabad 1858

Bad effects:
-British withdrew immediate funding from Muslim schools
-No representation in Civil Service
-Hostile treatment against Muslims
-British distrust grew against Indians
-India became an official colony of the British after 1857 war.

Well, the successes can support the fact that it was NOT a complete failure, but the bad effects can support the fact that it was a complete failure. We're supposed to include both good and bad effects and give a judgment at the end? Please tell me if i'm wrong or not.. I wrote the answer myself.. tuka -.-

Reaction score
Another approach would be to conclude by giving the point of views of both the Muslimsand hindus, and the British.
Like, I conclude by saying that although the war achieved little, or perhaps nothing of great importance for the locals, the war was a Huge victory for the British, as it ensured that the Subcontinent became a British colony, and also that the British control over it, became unchallenged.

Reaction score
Another positive effect was that British ended Annexation policy, but that was quite inevitable as the whole subcontinent was theirs, it didn't really matter if they let some people retain their powers, like some nawabs or w/e.
And the British also did some welfare work too....
And cooperated with the Hindus.. not with Muslims though..

This was the last of the Wars between locals, and after it, locals used constitutional methods through, as you stated, ML and Congress...

Reaction score
Another positive effect was that British ended Annexation policy, but that was quite inevitable as the whole subcontinent was theirs, it didn't really matter if they let some people retain their powers, like some nawabs or w/e.
And the British also did some welfare work too....
And cooperated with the Hindus.. not with Muslims though..

Bad effects
Mughal Empire collapsed.
Muslims suffered.
British rearranged army, less locals.
Not given employment in Civil Services.
And all that stuff rafae has also included.

This was the last of the Wars between locals, and after it, locals used constitutional methods through, as you stated, ML and Congress...

Reaction score
so the question has already been solved !! :D
guys leave anything for me too !! :p :p

ok here is todays question
Q1)Was the coming of the British the main reason for decline of Mughal Empire ? [14]

Reaction score
Lol okay, there were several reasons for this.

Since the 'coming of the British' is in the question, it must be mainly focused upon

Coming of British:
-Superpower in the world
-Industrial revolution led to modern weaponr
-Very efficient political leaders that knew how to exploit needs of people very will
-Efficient and disciplined army that dominated its enemies on the battle-field.

Other causes:
Succession Disputes- (No line of succession. Consider how Aurangzeb came to power himself!)
Administration- (Mansabdar system not effectively used, tax becoming difficult to collect, empire was way too large, decisions by capital had to be relayed thousands of miles)
Military Costs/Declining expertise- (Nadir Shah, Deccan Wars, and cost of putting down riots. Emptied treasury, but brought no results at all. Industrial revolution had absolutely NO effect on Mughals]
Weak Control- (Courtiers grew powerful, overthrew ministers and emperors like Alamgir. Tax collectors corrupt. Mansabdars became too powerful)

Conclusion: I think arrival of British was the main reason. Had the British not arrived, it could be a possibility that the Mughal Empire would continue to last.

Is that good enough? :D And Salman, can you see if Alchemist and my answers are correct for the question Scouser gave us?

Reaction score
yeah these are correct !! you can also give the reference about the strength of British by giving example of battle of Buxar in 1864.

Ok I think they are a bit off tracked !! I will tell you the correct one in a while !!

Reaction score
Dude battle of Buxar was in 1764.. that was a century before the war of independence..