• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HISTORY HELP OFFERED !!!

Reaction score
I was talking about the question i gave !! at that time British were able to defeat mughals, Nawab of Oudh and Mir Qasim

Reaction score
Hi.
there are appearently two rare 7 marks questions:

Q1: Why did Sir Syed Ahmed Khan present his "Reasons for the causes of Revolt?"

&

Q2: Why did the British accuse Muslims for the War of Independence?

thnkx in advance

Reaction score
yeah these are present in Nigel Kelly under heading of possible exam question !!

Read the first question thrice !! what is it asking ?? here is my response
-He wrote causes of Indian Revolt as because the position of muslims was very miserable and they were lagging behind.
-He also wrote this as he wanted British to realize that muslims were not the actual trouble makers and wanted to clear their name
-Thirdly he wrote that as he wanted British to know the actual feeling of Muslim community and to advice them to ask for advice from Indians before implementing anything.

Reaction score
ok lets see the second one
-As muslims openly condemned British ideas so they wanted a chance to take revenge from Muslims.
-Hindus and other seemed to co-operate with the British but muslims did not so British put the entire blame on them.
-As Bhadur Shah II was seen as the unifying symbol for the rebellors, British thought that Muslims had started this revolt.
Hope these helped !! :)
Don't hesitate to ask more questions !!

Reaction score
Dude 2 questions can u answer them fully so i can just ratafy them ? :p
Why was british interested in india? 7
Why did british takeover from the eic?14

Reaction score
how succesful was haji shariat ullah as an islamic reformer ?

This question can NOT be of 14 marks unless you are told to write about other reformers as well!

Reaction score
thughamza said:
Dude 2 questions can u answer them fully so i can just ratafy them ?
Why was british interested in india? 7
Why did british takeover from the eic?14
Firstly your Second Question can't be of 14 marks as it contains the word "Why"
ok lets see
British were interested in india as
-Wealth of India.
-Russian Expansion
-No presence of strong government lured British to invade india.
Elaborate these points and your done :)

Ok the second one !! it is of 7 marks
-India to valuable to be left at a private company.
-EIC was given India bad name.
-Fear of Russian Expansion.

farzansaeed said:
how succesful was haji shariat ullah as an islamic reformer ?

This question can NOT be of 14 marks unless you are told to write about other reformers as well!
This is a 14 marks question. you don't have to write about other reformers but write
How was he successful and then unsuccessful.
Btw this question is very unlikely to come as there is very little to write about Haji Shariat Ullah. Neither is this present in Past papers
Hope it helped !! Don't hesitate to ask !! :)

Reaction score
for the first question
there was fear of russion expansion in the 1600? Also i think you missed the point where all the other eureapon powers where in the countrys which british wanted e.g Indonesia was under the dutch.

Reaction score
Then the question should be this
Why did the EIC company became involve in the sub-continent ? [7]

Reaction score
Why did Shah Wali Ulaah had a major influence in the revival of Islam in the Sub-Continent? /7

Reaction score
The Master said:
Why did Shah Wali Ulaah had a major influence in the revival of Islam in the Sub-Continent? /7

Answer:

-> He identified the problems of Muslims that was the ignorance of Islam. So he translated the Quran from arabic to persian, which was the official language. He wrote many other other too, (any1 know the exact number??) for e.g Izlat-e-Aqfa.

-> He realized that the Shia Sunni conflict was creating disunity among the Muslims. Thus he wrote about the 4 Khalifs of Islam that was suitable according to both sects. so, this decreased the conflicts and he had infleuence.

-> Marathas were threatining mughal rule. SWU wanted Muslims under muslims. thus, he called Ahmed Shah Abdali from Persia, who crushed the Marathas and Mughal rule was re established. so had an influence.

hw many marks do i get? :geek:

Reaction score
xmariam3x said:
The Master said:

Answer:

-> He identified the problems of Muslims that was the ignorance of Islam. So he translated the Quran from arabic to persian, which was the official language. He wrote many other other too, (any1 know the exact number??) for e.g Izlat-e-Aqfa.

-> He realized that the Shia Sunni conflict was creating disunity among the Muslims. Thus he wrote about the 4 Khalifs of Islam that was suitable according to both sects. so, this decreased the conflicts and he had infleuence.

-> Marathas were threatining mughal rule. SWU wanted Muslims under muslims. thus, he called Ahmed Shah Abdali from Persia, who crushed the Marathas and Mughal rule was re established. so had an influence.

5/7...........................................just kidding(or maybe not).....7/7

Reaction score
xmariam3x said:
The Master said:

Answer:

-> He identified the problems of Muslims that was the ignorance of Islam. So he translated the Quran from arabic to persian, which was the official language. He wrote many other other too, (any1 know the exact number?? 51 books) for e.g Izlat-e-Aqfa.

Reaction score
Yeah u would get about 6 or 7 marks :p
Well just add a little description how it was an influence that by decreasing Shia Sunni rivalry they would be united and would not fight each other instead fight their decline.

Reaction score
i have a stupid question
what is the size of the answer sheet given???
nd
Why did Sir Syed Ahmed Khan want to improve Muslim-Britsh realtions?

Reaction score
AREY BHAI LIKE THE SIZE OF THE FULL SCAPE SHEET BUT A LITTLE WIDE THATS ALL.

WELL THIS
IS EASY :p

1.BECAUSE HE KNEW THEY WERE GOIN TO RULE FOR A LONG TIME SO IF MUSLIMS DONT GET ALONG THEM THEN SURELY THEY WILL BE DOOMED
2.IF THEY IMPROVED RELATIONS WITH BRITISH THEIR OPRESSION BY THE BRITISH WOULD END AS THEY WOULD OBEY THEM AND MUSLIMS WOULD LIVE IN PEACE.
3.ALSO GOOD RELATIONS WITH BRITISH ALSO MEANT THAT MUSLIMS COULD GET THEIR RIGHTS AND INTERESTS PROTECTED SO SIR SYED KNEW THIS AND ALSO THAT HINDUS WERE AGINST THEM SO IF BRITISH WERE NOT INVOLVED THEY WOULD BE GIVEN BAD TREATMENT . :D

Reaction score
Yo scouser...
You missed out on the point that Why??
Why also means that you give a background about the relations...
Which as you know, were quite poor and sad... etc etc..

Reaction score
Q: Why have regional languages been promoted by Pak. goverment?

I knw the first 2 reasons tht:

-> so that these languages not forgotten. because they are significant and should be preserved.
-> to finish the regional disperity among the different provinces. Promoting only 1 language will create disunity, so they all have been promoted.

NOW THE THIRD REASON I DONT KNW. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME, AND PLEASE CORRECT THE FIRST TWO REASONS IF POSSIBLE.... thnkx a lot guyx!!

Reaction score
yaar also to keep the work of the writers like Shah Abdul Latif and sachal Sarmast alive and also some of the languages played a part in independence so they are important like Pushto.they also represent the culture of the people living there.