• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HISTORY HELP OFFERED !!!

Reaction score
Well okay, I'll help you on both the questions.

Firstly, for why League did better in 1945-1946 than in 1937 elections.

You need to consider both sides of the story according to Nigel Kelly

Why it performed bad in 1937?
-Image problem
-Internal splits of League
-First time contesting major elections
-It's support lay in minority areas, not in majority areas, yet. Because, people in majority areas like Punjab, Bengal etc, didn't feel threatened yet.

Why it performed well in 1945?
-Over come image problem
-Congress tyranny 1937-1939
-Chief ministers of Punjab, Bengal and Assam joined ML after Jinah's persuasion
-Pakistan resolution 1940
-Gained experience from failure in 1937 elections.

Okay, so I am not sure how you can fit this all in a 7 mark question, but this is what I think the answer should be. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now the Wavell (Simla Conference) 1945.

So the questions ask, why did it help in the development of Pakistan Movement?
>Executive Council approved by all parties. Equal number of Hindus and Muslims. This meant people started to accept Muslims as a separate community who needed their own voice, and perhaps a separate land.

To be honest, I can see this as the only point. Other points can be added, but they are really minor, and this is the only real reason I see as to why it developed the Pakistan Movement.

Furthermore, I don't think there has been a question about the Simla Conference alone boosting the Pakistan Movement.
However, it may come in a 14 mark question, such as:
Do you agree that during the Second World War, there was no significant progress towards independence? Give reasons [14]

In this, you will include the Simla Conference, but you won't talk about how it supported the Pakistan movement, instead, the question is asking us about independence from Britain, so you will refer to how the simla conference helped India gain independence from Britain.

I think that is what the question asks. Corrrect me If i'm wrong, Salman, or scouser.. anyone.

Reaction score
Thanks !

about the 2nd questions, yes, it was a 7 marks question, nd a very confusing one... chalo atleast i knw one point...! thnkyou!

Reaction score
not in the first one,, but in the second one,,.. i only know one point yet :(

&& Is there a 14 marks question of Allama Iqbal??

Reaction score
No there is no 14 marks question of Allama Iqbal ALONE but they can also ask that who was most important for Pakistan movement?
1)Jinnah
2)Chaudri
3)Iqbal

ok post the question and i will provide 3 points !!

Reaction score
Salman, she's talkin' about the question she asked in the previous post...

The question was: How important was the Simla Conference in 1945 to the development of the Pak Movemnt? [7]

I don't think theres more than one PROPER point :S

Reaction score
Well that is very rare one
ok so here is my response

-The failure of Simla Conference proved that Hindus and Muslims were separate nations.
-It further led to elections of 1945 which League won and thus British and Congress had to agree its demands.
-It was last attempt of British to leave India undivided. (In cabinet mission the muslims could opt out of constitution.)

Reaction score
Elaborate these points and you will have your answer !! don't forget to link it that how did these points contributed to above statement !! :)
any more confusion ?

Reaction score
well i have a query.... if i leave the 14 marks questions of relations with other states.... will it be OK??

if my preparation for the rest of the 3rd sections, and 1rst and 2nd section is good???

Reaction score
All are 7 marks questions,

Q1) Why did the CRIPPS MISSION of 1942 failed?
Q2)Why was Bhutto hanged?
Q3) Why was Government of India Act of 1935 so important to the future of the sub-continent?
Q4) Why was there so much opposition to Government Of India Act 1935?

Reaction score
Please do correct me if i am wrong:

q1 crps failed coz:

Mslim oppostion coz no sign of pakistan. (they had passed pak resolution..) ,hindu wanted immediate independence, didnt trust british till after the war like ww1, congress wanted united india and disliked the idea of the option to opt out of an indian union, congress also wanted to exploit british..

q2 bhutto phansee?

murder proved guilty, zia feared that he would regain power and sentence them to death because the 1973 const stated coup to be illegal and punishable by death, nuclear programme unpopular in the western lobby which threatened to make bhutto face DYER CONSEQUENCES :p

q3 why govt india act imprtnt??

coz it gave indians some ground of negotiation, gave them a certain degree of autonomy by dyacrhy being in center, interim,const of both states.. voting rights were increased by 5 times, 25% of population could vote.

Reaction score
ok 1st one
-It failed as Muslim League rejected the plan.
-Congress too rejected the plan.
-British were negotiating from weaker position which Congress exploitied.
2nd one
-He was thought as corrupt by bhutto
-He had killed a political opponent by F.S.F
-Had Concpiracy against him by West.
3rd one
-Provincial autonomy was allowed to great extent.
-Right to vote was increased insignificantly
-Used as Constitution by Pakistan and India.
4th
-Self-government not given.
-Rights of minorities not protected.
-Right to vote still discriminant.
hope this helps :)

Reaction score
i wanted to ask one thing.... didnt the govt of india act 1935 include the communal award of 1932 ???

Reaction score
Translucent231 said:
i wanted to ask one thing.... didnt the govt of india act 1935 include the communal award of 1932 ???
I think not !! btw I have used the points of marking scheme so they are 100% correct !! 8)

Reaction score
hey i wanted to ask a question.... is it safe to leave 14 marks questions of relations with other states?? if my preparation of all the rest of history is good???

Reaction score
The answer do Haji Shariat Ullahs questions answer is.........
1) He was the founder of farezee movement which aimed to purify muslim practices
2)he was able to purify islam from Hindu practices
3)he was able to relieve muslims from tyranny
4)helped improve economic status
5)peasents got to knew their rights....this realization grew furtther and contributed to pakistan movement
these are the sucesses and i dont think it consists of any failures....

Reaction score
xmariam3x said:
hey i wanted to ask a question.... is it safe to leave 14 marks questions of relations with other states?? if my preparation of all the rest of history is good???
yeah it is !! but do note this that Relations can either get you maximum marks or you can loss most marks in that !! so think before attempting relations !! only do it if you are very much sure of all the success and failures !! :good:

Reaction score
yeah i'm a mraks loser in tht one ... i'm leaving those questins ! :p thankyou!

hey sorry to all if my pet dinosaur disturbes u .. i knw its ugly :p infact i like it tht wy :p . ok gotta go study!!