• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How did everyone find Biology paper 31?

Reaction score
well it was kwool alrite...required some pretty lengthy answers though..

Reaction score
I found the 2011 papers easier...I think it depends on which area of biology you r good in :) I think the graph is gonna shoot up this time :/

Im not sure what variant I did, I think it was 2. But yeah it wasn't that EASY.
I think the thresholds going to be low.

EDIT: I did variant 1.

Reaction score
Two questions were identical right?! They talked of the same thing soil erosion , high co2 conc and flooding..

Reaction score
it wasnt easy. what if i lose a total of 30 marks in the three papers do i still get an A*????

Reaction score
it wasnt easy. what if i lose a total of 30 marks in the three papers do i still get an A*????
An A* last year was 67% and an A was 56% so you can lose 66 marks in all three papers. Look at the grade thresholds of Summer 2011 (http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Biology (0610)/0610_s11_gt.pdf).

The maximum total mark for the CIE IGCSE biology syllabus is 200. An A* is 134 marks in total. I still have no idea why everyone thinks that an A* is 97%-100%. An A* has always been around 56%-68% ever since the creation of CIE IGCSE and it generally depends on the curve. Last year's curve was low because most people didn't perform well in paper 3. You can lose nearly 51 marks from paper 3 and still get an A in paper 3 since the minimum mark required for grade A in paper 3 is usually somewhere between 32-38. There are 80 marks in total from paper 3.

Reaction score
the first question in the page before last and another were same i think, i wrote the same answer in both

Reaction score
An A* last year was 67% and an A was 56% so you can lose 66 marks in all three papers. Look at the grade thresholds of Summer 2011 (http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Biology (0610)/0610_s11_gt.pdf).

The maximum total mark for the CIE IGCSE biology syllabus is 200. An A* is 134 marks in total. I still have no idea why everyone thinks that an A* is 97%-100%. An A* has always been around 56%-68% ever since the creation of CIE IGCSE and it generally depends on the curve. Last year's curve was low because most people didn't perform well in paper 3. You can lose nearly 51 marks from paper 3 and still get an A in paper 3 since the minimum mark required for grade A in paper 3 is usually somewhere between 32-38. There are 80 marks in total from paper 3.
thank you very much