• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How to get an A* in ICT IGCSE?

Reaction score
Im doing my paper 2 tomorrow, next friday paper 3 and my theory 10 days later, how long does it take bfore I will get the results?

Reaction score
to all who asked: It was quite difficult, make sure you are prepared well;)
ESPECIALLY Access and Word!!!

Reaction score
Nope
is anyone appearing fr ict paper 3 before 19th <friday>..........
reply soon.
nope im doin mine friday, and im still learning to use excel, no one told me beginning of the year I had to do practical, I heard it about a month ago, and it's my first year doin cambridge

Reaction score
i want this book
i cant buy it nw cuz i have few months left for my ig's
can u plz tell me frn where i can find this pdf file for this ict hodder education book in net ??

Reaction score
I think ICT is one of the easiest subject in IGCSE right now because of how much computers already are in our life, Students tend to know most of the stuff already. I gave my IGCSE exams back in 2010 and honestly all I did to prepare for ICT theory was do the past papers with the marking scheme, and by that I mean I read questions from the paper then thought a little about it and copied the answer from the marking scheme, that's it the only thing to remember is that the marking scheme gives answers as a set of points, not proper paragraphs and you will need to learn to make a proper presentation of your answer instead of just listing in points. The papers are so similar in their structure and types of questions, I wouldn't recommend doing this for other subjects but for ICT, it's the best way I found and I did get an A*. The practicals on the other hand are very tough in the sense that they can throw anything at you and if you're learning using books and past papers then some questions might give you a hard time. The best way is to start using the software not just for exams but for everything else you do, experiment with different settings and options.

I'm not sure if this will work for you but it certainly did for me. Just try a few papers like this and then test yourself with one paper without looking at marking scheme, you will notice the difference.

Reactions: egy
Reaction score
I'm doing my ICT igcse in M/J, practical is a breeze for me and I never really encounter problems with it. But I admit that I am quite bad at memorizing things, so I have a hard time studying and remembering all the points in all my theory notes, especially the details. I know about the IGCSE ICT site (http://www.igcseict.info/theory/index.html) , but the info looks a bit too general and bland, is it enough for fully answering the past paper questions? Do I really need to know every single thing in great detail including all their advantages and disadvantages? Also, I desperately need an A* at ICT, it'd be really really bad if I didn't, so a little help please. Thanks in advance. ~ Ace