• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was 9702_w15_qp_34?

Difficulty level.

• Hard

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Medium

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Easy

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
salimali: In 9702_w15_qp_34, we had two experiments. One was finding out the extension of a spring. That spring was attached to a string on which a weight was added. Along with the extension, we also had to measure the angle of the string being made by the weight. I attached a picture of the experiment. (Please forgive the awesome art. I drew it using my laptop's touchpad). The second experiment was an electronics experiment where we had to find the volume of two capacitors(?) and calculate the time taken for an LED light to completely turn off after being in a closed circuit. We had to repeat the experiment and find the percentage uncertainty from the time calculated. That's all I can remember.

Attachments

• Like a boss.png
    Like a boss.png
    10.4 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score
1 and 3 are same.
I wrote others
- Mesurment of diameter with scale may produce an parallex error. SO use digital vernier callipers.
- Difficult the start the time when we open the switch. Use video with time frame.
:/ I guess I will lose 4 marks :(

What was ur percentage uncertainity?
Why? Callipers is a good one. Not the video one though.

Don't remember, it was in the 2-9 range.

Reaction score
I heard that a reaction of rate is coming(sir at college predicted it)
See October 2012 variant 34.
I practised that paper, it is very very long and l could not manage time.

Reaction score
The May/June 2015 paper had some enthalpy in it, the specific heat capacity question to be more precise, so I would suggest studying that.

Reaction score
That video also has a link on how to solve titration sums (I don't think we need them), but for the sake of completeness, you could go through it.
As for qualitative analysis, I would suggest that you study the qualitative assessment charts given at the back of our practical papers even though they are given. It would help since questions related to it can come in the Multiple-Choice components.