• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS BIOLOGY PAPER 11

how was the paper ?

• Total voters
Reaction score
the plants growing near sea water..sea water as water potential of -2500....conditions wer..1..the root has more negative wp than sea water
2...the roots are able to accumilate salts n solute
3...stomata remains open all the tym

Reaction score
and i jst googled u wer correct about co and o2 same binding site and co2 alone

Reaction score
the plants growing near sea water..sea water as water potential of -2500....conditions wer..1..the root has more negative wp than sea water
2...the roots are able to accumilate salts n solute
3...stomata remains open all the tym
ohhh i forgot what was my answer. what is the correct answer though?

Reaction score
what about the question which said where hydrogen bonds are necessary
cellulose water haemoglobin and glycogen

Reaction score
i choosed all except haemoglobin cause haemoglobin still has three more bonds ionic, disulfide and hydrophobic interactions while other compounds has only hydrogen bonds so it's necessary... i hope i'm correct...

Reaction score
u can say haemglobin is an exception :$
well glycogen for sure needs hydrogen bonds as well as cellulose and certainly H2O

u have mary jones book??? chk page no. 33 and 34...haemoglobin is quartenary protein u biliv that i hope...chk its ritten dat quartenery protein nids all the 4 bonds as tertiary but associates with more than 1 polypeptide chain:)...and glygogen doest form hydrogen form..u knw y? cz its a storage cmpd..it is stable and compact and insoluble....so it dsnt foem hydrogen bond with water

Reaction score
marz katy it makes sense to be all 3 for the halophyte: Keep stomata open constantly open to provide the gradient and a rootss to accumulate salts to lower the potential!

Reaction score