• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS CHEM P12 2012 ? WHAT ABOUT GT OF THIS PAPER?

Reaction score
Can't help discussing answers friends! :p What was the answer to that question: 2 moles of P dissociated to give Q and R. X moles of R were formed in equilibrium. The total number of moles present at quilibrium was...I forgot...Anyways, was the answer D: 2P --> Q + 2R ???
yes..(y)

Reaction score
Can't help discussing answers friends! :p What was the answer to that question: 2 moles of P dissociated to give Q and R. X moles of R were formed in equilibrium. The total number of moles present at quilibrium was...I forgot...Anyways, was the answer D: 2P --> Q + 2R ???
Yes :)

Reaction score
It was D for sure. :)

Reaction score
discussion is already going over here : http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/paper-12-chemistry.14554/

Most of the candidates found the paper a bit easy except from Question 20 -30 (organic questions)
Candidates with some good pratice of pastpapers said that alot questions around 7,8 question were repeated
So I guess this time percentile might go a bit up , But on the other hand Organic questions were extremely tricky So they would overall maintain a balance for the grade threshold
there is no way percentile would go above 32 . Roughly I feel like percentile would be like this

A - 31
B - 27

Reaction score
not more than 31 it has never been
- i made silly mistakes that is going to cost me..
guys...what will be my grade if i get B in P1, A in both P2 and P3???

Reaction score
not more than 31 it has never been
- i made silly mistakes that is going to cost me..
guys...what will be my grade if i get B in P1, A in both P2 and P3???

I have seen a lot of Grade threshold the maximum I have seen for and A grade was 33 in only 1 session
however on average A is in 30 each session , this year june 2012 it might be 31
P1 : B
P2 : A
p3 : A

Overall A for sure :)

Reaction score
how do you people manage to get an A on practical..I am worried about this thing...I have my P34 ..please help me out guys ..

Reaction score
how do you people manage to get an A on practical..I am worried about this thing...I have my P34 ..please help me out guys ..
You have to be accurate during working and you should've practice the experiments before.

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of Grade threshold the maximum I have seen for and A grade was 33 in only 1 session
however on average A is in 30 each session , this year june 2012 it might be 31
P1 : B
P2 : A
p3 : A

Overall A for sure :)
in practicals its A for sure..then i gues p2 will go fine..in P1 i did silly mistakes so my marks will be 28-32 as i hope else in almighty's hand...praying for the best..
thank u anyway

Reaction score
28,29 Is good for P1 .
It is a very conceptual paper :)
Just try to get a bit high marks in P2
Usually in chemistry p2 A is at 45 /60 try scoring more than 45 to cover up your p1 :)

Reaction score
i'm afraid it wasnt B.....i think it was A...... because a bronsted lowry base can have 2 definitions:

a proton acceptor
a lone pair electron donor
When NH3 reacts with Ag+ ions it forms a ligand in which it actually donates its lone pairs of electons...so infact it is behaving as a base. for those candidates who made a rote knowledge of "ammonia to ammonium =base " need to realise that even when protons arent involved a substance can be basic.........check out the wikipedia article about base..........