• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was chem. p5

how much do u expect in chem. p5??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
the plannin part......am going 2 get anythin....pliz show me hw it was done......my hnds r tremblin remembrin dat question

Reaction score
Went pretty well, expecting 25+, paper was sort of easy when compared to the previous ones

Reaction score
the plannin part......am going 2 get anythin....pliz show me hw it was done......my hnds r tremblin remembrin dat question

what I can conclude is that u have to take fixed mass of ammonim nitrate and heat it. the gas which wil evolve, wil contain no2 and h20 vapurs

by installing liebeg condesor we can condense water molecules.

the remaing will be no2 gas it should be coolected in syringe.

we have to show the volume of syringe gas with respect to the mass/ moles of ammonim nitrate we used. using eq. given at frst page.

lets suppose u took 1.0g of AMMONIUM nitrate means u have taken 0.0125 moles of it

now molar ratio is 1 : 1 of ammonium nitrate and NO2 so same moles wil be produced of No2 convert them to the volume

there wil be 300cm^3 of volume of No2 to be collected

repeat the experiment to get a set of values to plot a graph

thats what i think

Reaction score
what I can conclude is that u have to take fixed mass of ammonim nitrate and heat it. the gas which wil evolve, wil contain no2 and h20 vapurs

we have to show the volume of syringe gas with respect to the mass/ moles of ammonim nitrate we used. using eq. given at frst page.

lets suppose u took 1.0g of AMMONIUM nitrate means u have taken 0.0125 moles of it

now molar ratio is 1 : 1 of ammonium nitrate and NO2 so same moles wil be produced of No2 convert them to the volume

there wil be 300cm63 of volume of No2 to be collected

thats what i think
hey.....how would you collect water using liebeg condesor...wont it fall back in the boiling tube.....it was written how it will be collected.......

Reaction score

there wil be 300cm^3 of volume of No2 to be collected

thats what i think
i used water bath instead.. was that okay??

Reaction score
hey.....how would you collect water using liebeg condesor...wont it fall back in the boiling tube.....it was written how it will be collected.......
when the gas wil evolve it wil move through the pipe covered with crushed ice(liebeg condensor).

this wil condense the water vapours to the drops of water. those drops wil fal down and u can collect them in a flask.

wheras, on condensing the gas no2 which is gas at rtp wil remain gas and u can collect it by installing a syringe at the end of the condensor