• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Chemistry 42?

how difficult was chemistry 42

• Total voters
Reaction score
idk if light blue ppt is important to list or not, but since it was aqeous an intermediate of Cu[h2o]2[nh3]4 would be formed....

also the split happens because of dz2 and dx2-y2 which are close to bonding pairs causing them to go to higher energy level, whereas these orbitals are not present in s-orbital compounds.

for drugs the monomer was i think di-carboxyl group acid and the joining/cross-link forming compound was di-hydroxyl compound.

for NMR questions idk the compound but Cl was element, and 7 carbon atoms.
nd protons 7 too right ?

Reaction score
what happened when u increased the Cr+2 concentration.... ?,,,,nd they said that SO2 reacted in presence of H+ with KMNO4 but when i made the equation, the H+ came out to be on the RHS nd not the LHS side of eq

Reaction score
I dont think so....since Cr2+ + 2e -> Cr is -0.91 or something....meaning you cannot reduce Cr2+ with K2Cr2O7...

Do you remember the question? i just remember some parts being Cr2+ being blue in colour and then calculate E knot value for reation with Cr2O7-

Reaction score
the question was just what would happen if we added k2cr2o7 to cr2+ in solution. And yes actually cr3+ would be formed, i didnt see that equation :/

Reaction score
the question was just what would happen if we added k2cr2o7 to cr2+ in solution. And yes actually cr3+ would be formed, i didnt see that equation :/

oh shit that is something you should have checked out! :/ . If we used both those equations that i posted, wouldnt the e knot value be just 0.91? assuming the k2cr2o7 equation is 1.33 and the other is -0.41?

Reaction score
Not really, there are ALOT of people out there who dont even study, or who just dont get the question etc and bring the GT low :)

Reaction score
What were the order of the reactions in the first question? I got zero for NaOH..and if thats wrong will I lose all the marks of the questions below dat? :/