• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS CHEMISTRY PAPER 22 ?

How did you find the paper ?

• Total voters
Reaction score
-Q5 doubt!

In isomerism part, i drew a cis-trans in first one.

Didn't knew what to do in second part. So i drew structural isomer. :(

What do you guys think?
They said stereoisomerism . Cis trans and optical were the ONLY possibilities.

Reaction score
My answer is that CaO is the most suitable drying agent, as it won't react with NH3 gas and it's a metal oxide. I searched over the internet and found that actually CaO is suitable for the drying agent of NH3.

My reason was that H2SO4 or HCl might react with NH3 as NH3 is a base and those two are strong acids. I did a practice on ON2005, so I was happy to see similar question--H2SO4 is not a suitable agent with NH3 as it will reacts. :D

Reaction score
guys what about zinc ethanoate mass and concentration?? and what about the Kc question what did u get for final moles ??

Reaction score
I wrote, conditions for Haber's process:
Ni as a catalyst, metal oxide as promoter
temperature of above 500 C
pressure 101kpa
:(
How much marks do you think will I get for that question ?

Reaction score
@ Sujan
You will score 0 marks as all those conditions are not even close to the actual conditions.

Reaction score
I'd say it was easy, my second time taking these exams so, to me, compared to last year, the paper was easy.
I finished 15 minutes before, had time to revise my paper and well not expecting below 50 marks for it!
hope the paper 42 tomorrow will be okay!
Good luck to those sitting this paper tomorrow! ;)

Reaction score
Was a great paper! They changed the format a little, but was sweet all the same! :D

Reaction score
My answer is that CaO is the most suitable drying agent, as it won't react with NH3 gas and it's a metal oxide. I searched over the internet and found that actually CaO is suitable for the drying agent of NH3.

My reason was that H2SO4 or HCl might react with NH3 as NH3 is a base and those two are strong acids. I did a practice on ON2005, so I was happy to see similar question--H2SO4 is not a suitable agent with NH3 as it will reacts. :D
exactly what i said :)..and there was only 1 colour change for organic?

Reaction score
I'd say it was easy, my second time taking these exams so, to me, compared to last year, the paper was easy.
I finished 15 minutes before, had time to revise my paper and well not expecting below 50 marks for it!
hope the paper 42 tomorrow will be okay!
Good luck to those sitting this paper tomorrow! ;)
Thanks! Same to you :)

Reaction score
exactly! it made me think i lost many marks out of 10!
Yep, but then I counted the answers for the first part. 7 molecules to draw, 7 marks. The 2nd part for colour change was actually only 3 marks! So we're good :D

Reaction score
yea maan only b had a colour change xD.. for equilibrium it was (2x)^2/(0.02-x)^2=59 right? and decrease in temperature favours the forward reaction, pressure has no effect ey?