• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS CHEMISTY PRACTICAL?

Reaction score
well anamaly, I also got the same value, but will anyone explain me, what had to be done in the calculation part in which specific heat capacity of the beaker had to be added to the energy. I just couldnot understand how the sph can directly be added to our energy value?

Reaction score
Value of enthalpy changes etc depends upon supervisor readings...!
i was getting percentage difference of 13.4
and my molar enthalpy change was 17.2 kj!
i performed Q1 twice!!..it was so confusing

my salt analysis went good!...
i finished paper on time!..although i did 1st question twice

i did alot of cuttings! and crossing out answers...i hope it doesnt affect my grade :|

Reaction score
judging from the answers that i have heard so far..a lot of people messed up so you should be safe on percentile

Reaction score
is there a percentile anymore though? dont think so......although yes the overall cumulative threshold is bound to be low judging by the discussion on here. any ideas at what mark is the A going to settle? my question 2 went smooth. the problem was one and its calculations...screwed that up:-(
and yes it was a freaking lengthy paper. For 1b it was like they gave another question. sheeeesh.

Reaction score
dude that was soo stupid though seriously.....a page long calculation for 1 mark.........WOW..hats off to the genius paper maker.

Reaction score
hamizahmed said:
well anamaly, I also got the same value, but will anyone explain me, what had to be done in the calculation part in which specific heat capacity of the beaker had to be added to the energy. I just couldnot understand how the sph can directly be added to our energy value?

You had to multiply your value of the specific heat of the beaker to the temperature fall for the reaction of Nh4Cl and Water, this gives you the amount of heat absorbed by the beaker (the amount which shouldve been absorbed by the solution but wasnt). I had a sph around 10

Reaction score
Anomaly said:
Sabrina said:
i did good in Q2 n had no problem in managing time.. i actually did 30 minutes before :D in Q1 i am not sure... over all i am satisfied with my paper...
30 minutes before? Wow youre quick, i spent about 70 minutes on the first question, so had less time for q2, had to do the 7 mark table in about 20 minutes. :( What was the value of the specific heat of the Beaker?
well i guess i am.. n i dont remember my value of the heat capacity.

Reaction score
Ghania said:
Anomaly said:
Sabrina said:
i did good in Q2 n had no problem in managing time.. i actually did 30 minutes before :D in Q1 i am not sure... over all i am satisfied with my paper...
30 minutes before? Wow youre quick, i spent about 70 minutes on the first question, so had less time for q2, had to do the 7 mark table in about 20 minutes. :( What was the value of the specific heat of the Beaker?

shes over efficient..=P... isn't it sabrina??..=P
no i am not ghania.. :)

Reaction score
i got molar enthalpy of 0.147 kj per mol... well this i think is absolutely wrong because the precentage difference went up to 99 percent.. i don't know where i had problem in calculation....was the heat capacity of beaker around 0.6 ??

Reaction score
cool said:
i got molar enthalpy of 0.147 kj per mol... well this i think is absolutely wrong because the precentage difference went up to 99 percent.. i don't know where i had problem in calculation....was the heat capacity of beaker around 0.6 ??

my friends had a enthalpy change of 3745% i think....so dodnt worry!

Reaction score
cool said:
0.6 is too low, i think i got around 9.86 or something (which i think is also low) :(

Reaction score
fullmetallegend said:
in paper 33 i got 23% difference
the cation ion s were copper mangnese and barium
i think it was NH+, i even heated one with NaOH and Ammonia came out....