• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Physics 6PH08 Alternative to practical ?

Reaction score
I wrote light intensity, do it in the dark room to ensure the only light source is the bulb, makes sense?
I don't remember the gradient at all o_O It was point something
Yay!!!!! Even i wrote the same answer...Ditto..i hope thts correct.:D

Reaction score
how does measuring diameter of a coin at different points improve accuracy????
nyone else??

Reaction score
wat was the %uncertainity u got in the first question??
%uncertainity of the diameter was zero??

Reaction score
I really don't remember, damn it! Well insha Allah it'll be right, by the way what did you get the resonant frequency from the graph? And how to make it accurate? Plus, what happens when the frequency from the generator is same as the natural frequency?

Reaction score
I really don't remember, damn it! Well insha Allah it'll be right, by the way what did you get the resonant frequency from the graph? And how to make it accurate? Plus, what happens when the frequency from the generator is same as the natural frequency?
The mass vibrates with a maximum amplitude..i guess.

Reaction score
Wht did u write?

Reaction score
1.6hz
How to improve it?
Time about 20 oscillations when it is vibrating with max amplitude and find the frequency. repeat the process 5 times and take avarage of it

Reaction score
The mass vibrates with a maximum amplitude..i guess.
I wrote amplitude increases, hope they treat it as the same :(
For the diameter, since it was all 25.9 measured with a vernier, so I took the estimated uncertainty for one reading (0.1), and it had to be multiplied with 2. It was three marks so I doubt it should be zero, not sure!

Reaction score
1.6hz
How to improve it?
Time about 20 oscillations when it is vibrating with max amplitude and find the frequency. repeat the process 5 times and take avarage of it
1.6 hz is right. The other part seems right as well...DARN!! I didnt write about timing 20 oscillations...but I did write about repeating and taking an average..:p can i gain a mark for tht?? :p

Reaction score
I wrote amplitude increases, hope they treat it as the same :(
For the diameter, since it was all 25.9 measured with a vernier, so I took the estimated uncertainty for one reading (0.1), and it had to be multiplied with 2. It was three marks so I doubt it should be zero, not sure!
The percentage uncertaini for a vernier caliper is 0.01 mm.

Reaction score
1.6hz
How to improve it?
Thanks, I think I mentioned that. After joining all the points in the graph I got it as 1.66 Hz.

Reaction score
1.6 hz is right. The other part seems right as well...DARN!! I didnt write about timing 20 oscillations...but I did write about repeating and taking an average..:p can i gain a mark for tht?? :p
not sure....