• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Physics 6PH08 Alternative to practical ?

Reaction score
Question no.1: This question is about a coin
1. Find the %uncertainty of diameter? Ans: zero % … coz no change in value of diameter. Show it by calculation
2. Find volume of coin=Pie x r2 x h?
3. Find % of uncertainty of volume? Hint: it should be the uncertainty of width (h) as uncertainty of r2 or diameter is zero.
4. Mass given. Find density? Ans: 7400 (2sf)

Question no.2: Trolley pulled by a mass.
5. 1st a diagram given and we need to draw in the diagram. Ans: draw a metre rule to measure h Precision or Uncertainty of metre rule? + or - 1mm
6. Digital data sensor or motion sensor with data logger. You need to write the advantages. Ans: eliminates reaction time and graph can easily be plotted automatically.
7. % uncertainty of Stop clock? Ans: + or - 0.01 sec
8. Safety and Precaution? Ans: inextensible string-Precaution , Foam or Sponge-Safety

Question no.3: Spring Vibrates and Resonance occurs.
9. How can you know resonance has occurred? Ans: When natural frequency is equal to applied frequency a large amplitude occurs. That’s resonance.
10. Find Max Frequency? Ans:1.6Hz
11. How can you make the answer valid or more accurate? Ans: repeat the exp. And take average. And also see Hodder, Pg-167, Resonance Experiment.
12. A Sonic Boom or a advantage of device? Ans: Reduce human error.
Question no.4: LDR experiment.

13. Prove that it is a straight line. Taking ln in both sides..blah blah and y=mx+c
14. Find the gradient? Ans: 1.7
15. In da light intensity question. What should keep constant? Ans: Time interval in each exposure

is my answers correct pls help and rply which answer is wrong by reffering to the question number..

Reaction score
There is an A* guys for unit 6B, i did a few dumb mistakes too, like for vernier caliper i took te precision as 0.001 :( Well, for the volume I used pie(d^2/4)h.
AWESOME!!! Alhumdolillah got k and p right then :D
they dont award it ..its just in er :/

Reaction score
Question no.1: This question is about a coin
1. Find the %uncertainty of diameter? Ans: zero % … coz no change in value of diameter. Show it by calculation
2. Find volume of coin=Pie x r2 x h?
3. Find % of uncertainty of volume? Hint: it should be the uncertainty of width (h) as uncertainty of r2 or diameter is zero.
4. Mass given. Find density? Ans: 7400 (2sf)

Question no.2: Trolley pulled by a mass.
5. 1st a diagram given and we need to draw in the diagram. Ans: draw a metre rule to measure h Precision or Uncertainty of metre rule? + or - 1mm
6. Digital data sensor or motion sensor with data logger. You need to write the advantages. Ans: eliminates reaction time and graph can easily be plotted automatically.
7. % uncertainty of Stop clock? Ans: + or - 0.01 sec
8. Safety and Precaution? Ans: inextensible string-Precaution , Foam or Sponge-Safety

Question no.3: Spring Vibrates and Resonance occurs.
9. How can you know resonance has occurred? Ans: When natural frequency is equal to applied frequency a large amplitude occurs. That’s resonance.
10. Find Max Frequency? Ans:1.6Hz
11. How can you make the answer valid or more accurate? Ans: repeat the exp. And take average. And also see Hodder, Pg-167, Resonance Experiment.
12. A Sonic Boom or a advantage of device? Ans: Reduce human error.
Question no.4: LDR experiment.

13. Prove that it is a straight line. Taking ln in both sides..blah blah and y=mx+c
14. Find the gradient? Ans: 1.7
15. In da light intensity question. What should keep constant? Ans: Time interval in each exposure

is my answers correct pls help and rply which answer is wrong by reffering to the question number..
what do you will be an A how much marks cn we lose n most og mine matches wv urs

Reaction score
For resonant frequency, i got 1.54 Hz. Did anyone get a similar answer, because the peak wasn't at 1.6Hz. For that reason we should take for reading of amplitude at different frequencies as the peak was uncertain by varying the variable frequency supply. Am I right??

Reaction score
:cry: what was the total mark for question 1? :( I've made a lot of silly mistakes..

Reaction score
Q1. Density of coins,
- With all the uncertainties you have in your measurement, you have to round your answer up to 2 sig fig. I got 7400
- Whenever you make a measurement, theres an uncertainty. For all those people saying the P.U is 0% since theres no range, maybe you guys wanted to do (Range/2) to find the uncertainty, and then divide it by the mean value and x 100% to get the P.U. But in this case, the uncertainty is just it's precision. I got 0.4%
- By the way, coins are not of the same material, since % difference > % uncertainty.

Q3. Natural frequency of oscillation system.
- What I think I can observe when driving f similar to natural f is that amplitude increases dramatically. I think amplitude will never be maximum in resonance, its builds up until it overwhelms the spring constant.
- I joint the points with a curve and found the maximum frequency at around 1.64-1.66. I think this is similar to 2012 June Q3. Let me know if you agree :p

Q4. Light intensity & Resistance
- Its a straight line because : ln R = pd + lnk and p is the gradient

Reaction score
I
Q1. Density of coins,
- With all the uncertainties you have in your measurement, you have to round your answer up to 2 sig fig. I got 7400
- Whenever you make a measurement, theres an uncertainty. For all those people saying the P.U is 0% since theres no range, maybe you guys wanted to do (Range/2) to find the uncertainty, and then divide it by the mean value and x 100% to get the P.U. But in this case, the uncertainty is just it's precision. I got 0.4%
- By the way, coins are not of the same material, since % difference > % uncertainty.

- What I think I can observe when driving f similar to natural f is that amplitude increases dramatically. I think amplitude will never be maximum in resonance, its builds up until it overwhelms the spring constant.
- I joint the points with a curve and found the maximum frequency at around 1.64-1.66. I think this is similar to 2012 June Q3. Let me know if you agree :p

I got resonant frequency to be 1.54 Hz, can it be true?

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the total Marks for the last question? Question 4 was it 16 marks??

Reaction score
Q1. Density of coins,

i got1.58Hz....