• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was the physics atp 5054/42 may/june 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
app nay bhee uss waqt kee mujhay bohut sunae hain, I wasnt rude though I was sarcastic :p but I have that right
all I ask for is a reply
you are wasting your time and mine but not talking sense
JUST GIVE ME ONE REPLY
I SPENT A LONG TIME WRITING THAT THING DOWN JUST TO HELP YOU
I AM LISTENING TO YOUR COMMENTS TO HELP YOU
AND YOU CONTINUE TO REMAIN AS IT IS
I told people what my teacher taught (has remained an external examiner and an ex teacher in Gibraltar teaching gcse phyics)
When an object is dense it sinks and when it is less dense it floats
the question was a student carries an experiment to identify how many rubberbands were required to sink the GLASS ROD
To make The glass Rod FLOAT VERTICALLY 1 rubber bandwas attached
so the point is when no rubber bands were there it was fully submerged so at zero rubber bands the rod length L outside of beaker is 0 that is what i am trying to say and these numb brains cant get this

Reaction score
It is glass my dear one the question said to make the rod float rubberband was attached so it was submerged before :p and said START YOUR GRAPH FROM ORGIN only aqaal wale get it
oh-really-now-tell-me-more.jpg

Reaction score
I told people what my teacher taught (has remained an external examiner and an ex teacher in Gibraltar teaching gcse phyics)
the question was a student carries an experiment to identify how many rubberbands were required to sink the GLASS ROD
so the point is when no rubber bands were there it was fully submerged so at zero rubber bands the rod length L outside of beaker is 0 that is what i am trying to say and these numb brains cant get this
THANKS A LOOOOT
Now see our problem
you say glass rod is initially submerged ok
you say band was added to make it float ok
so when more bands are added the rod should rise higher <= that is the problem

Reaction score
THANKS A LOOOOT
Now see our problem
you say glass rod is initially submerged ok
you say band was added to make it float ok
so when more bands are added the rod should rise higher <= that is the problem
adding the liberty statue to a small boat will it still be floating ?

Reaction score
the rod came down as rubber bands were added so it means the bands were sinking the rod than making it float as rubber is more denser than water

Reaction score
so D=M/V
as mass and volume increases it has to sink
Just have a practial mind just think a plastic cup will float on water put stones in it ,it will sink similarly
attach a simple air balon to a sinking toy car and it will rise up just be practial and dont stick to one point

Reaction score
1 mark in an ATP does not matter. it has 25% weightage so 29 is approximately equal to 30. Let's stop this discussion and study for the next exam guys
some people dont have the ability to think out of the box,we should prepare for the next not the previous
allah kare key saab log ache grade sey pas hone simple

Reaction score
Babaji ka thullo on you
Alright so you have stated that initially it was floating (marked in red), and that by adding rubber-bands, it will cause it to float
Then you mention that if there are 0 bands (same as the initial setup), the length l will be 0 (it has sunk) (written in blue). The length l is the length of the rod above the water.
See you are contradicting your own statement

Status
Not open for further replies.