• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was the physics atp 5054/42 may/june 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
go-home-youre-drunk.jpg
Your logic never ceases to amaze me

Reaction score
Ok I read all you have to say, just a few questions
-Is there ANY question EVER in physics where you were said to draw A line of best fit and you draw a graph like this? ( going up AND coming down not just going up ! )
- it said start graph from origin, this humble servant has studied stats, ad maths and plain maths, and starting GRAPH from origin does NOT mean starting the LINE from origin
- If you would open a certain Archimides Law and its applications, you would find similar graphs and concepts
- you said to use common sense and deduce that glass doesnt sink, kindly take a cup of water and throw a rubber band in, your majesty will be most surprised to find that the rebellious rubber band also SINKS
-this is apart from the fact that such a graph makes NO sense, increase in weight is directly proportional to its sinking (the liar Archimedes said it ,not me) so the graph should be straight too
-Also if you would look up density of rubber you will not be amused to find the results
-Also note the servant's work:
untitled-jpg.41860

If I would have the honor of clearing any other confusions, I WOULD BE MOST PLEASED :)
rod would float horizontally Faizan. It would not be vertical

Reaction score
It is quite simple really. Put a rod in a glass of water and tell me if it floats HORIZONTALLY or VERTICALLY. Idiot
Do you have eyes? Did you see how long was the rod, and how wide was the tank we had put it in. There is no way, it can be horizantal in such a small place
And please don't resort to bad words. Talk like a gentleman, rather than a half-dozed freak

Reaction score
Your majesty, with no rubber bands attached, do you think that the rod would even be vertical? If you do then you r blind because the aim of the experiment was to make it float vertically by attaching rubber bands. Before attaching the bands, the rod was horizontal. Therefore, height above the water = 0
I am but a humble servant only
My master should have noted that the beaker was narrow
and it takes me great pain to advise the master to google something known as buoys
pretty insolent things floating VERTICALLY

Reaction score
the experiment was controlled
stating stabilty laws
as long as line of action of weight was inside the base area it will not go horizontal
Further complementing wht u have said the rod wud initially be horizontal,PROVIDED A WIDER BEAKER OR ANYTHING.
THE POINT to be construed here is tht rod wud have weighted end due to rubber band,causing a moment,and it wud counter act by being vertically afloat with the line of weight passing through the rod and rubber band

Reaction score
Ok I read all you have to say, just a few questions
-Is there ANY question EVER in physics where you were said to draw A line of best fit and you draw a graph like this? ( going up AND coming down not just going up ! )
- it said start graph from origin, this humble servant has studied stats, ad maths and plain maths, and starting GRAPH from origin does NOT mean starting the LINE from origin
- If you would open a certain Archimides Law and its applications, you would find similar graphs and concepts
- you said to use common sense and deduce that glass doesnt sink, kindly take a cup of water and throw a rubber band in, your majesty will be most surprised to find that the rebellious rubber band also SINKS
-this is apart from the fact that such a graph makes NO sense, increase in weight is directly proportional to its sinking (the liar Archimedes said it ,not me) so the graph should be straight too
-Also if you would look up density of rubber you will not be amused to find the results
-Also note the servant's work:
untitled-jpg.41860

If I would have the honor of clearing any other confusions, I WOULD BE MOST PLEASED :)
1382016_10152128332326840_1035058905_n.png

Reaction score
What I think they meant was
While labeling your axis, you should start labeling them from 0
but the graph was supposed to be according to the values in the table given. There is no way your line could go through (0,0). Since the wood is floating, there is bound to be some part of it beneath the surface of the water. If you go swimming, you just don't levitate on the surface of the water like Chris Angel, a part of your body is underneath the water
It is glass my dear one the question said to make the rod float rubberband was attached so it was submerged before :p and said START YOUR GRAPH FROM ORGIN only aqaal wale get it

Reaction score
Can I implore you to please point out the problems?
I definitely do not deserve it being a lesser human but you could show your big heart?

Status
Not open for further replies.