• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was the physics atp 5054/42 may/june 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Babaji ka thullo on you
Alright so you have stated that initially it was floating (marked in red), and that by adding rubber-bands, it will cause it to float
Then you mention that if there are 0 bands (same as the initial setup), the length l will be 0 (it has sunk) (written in blue). The length l is the length of the rod above the water.
See you are contradicting your own statement
try getting english classes that what all i can say

Reaction score
I told people what my teacher taught (has remained an external examiner and an ex teacher in Gibraltar teaching gcse phyics)
When an object is dense it sinks and when it is less dense it floats
the question was a student carries an experiment to identify how many rubberbands were required to sink the GLASS ROD
To make The glass Rod FLOAT VERTICALLY 1 rubber bandwas attached
so the point is when no rubber bands were there it was fully submerged so at zero rubber bands the rod length L outside of beaker is 0 that is what i am trying to say and these numb brains cant get this

If you're referring to the question we just did in this years physics ATP, you are making one huge miscalculation. The rod is made of wood, and not of glass. By default it floats in water. The purpose of adding the rubber bands was to add additional mass, and as a result, increasing the density of the wooden rod making it sink at a specif number (Which, by most properly done graphs was 11).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Babaji ka thullo on you
Alright so you have stated that initially it was floating (marked in red), and that by adding rubber-bands, it will cause it to float
Then you mention that if there are 0 bands (same as the initial setup), the length l will be 0 (it has sunk) (written in blue). The length l is the length of the rod above the water.
See you are contradicting your own statement
the part in red was part b :p

Reaction score
If you're referring to the question we just did in this years physics ATP, you are making one huge miscalculation. The rod is made of wood, and not of glass. By default it floats in water. The purpose of adding the rubber bands was to add additional mass, and as a result, lowering the density of the wooden rod making it sink at a specif number (Which, by most properly done graphs was 11).
I was afraid of that

Reaction score
Su

Such ignorance.... Much hurt...Go home you are drunk.
Oh come one, I am drunk?! Everyone is saying it is a wooden rod. Muhammad Ali is saying it is a glass rod. And YOU are saying the TYPE of rod was not mentioned. You really are drunk

Status
Not open for further replies.