• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was your chemitry paper?

Reaction score
Its was easier than expected but I got a lot wrong! :/ I usually get C in chemistry but I am really really hoping for an A :p

Reaction score
Can somebody tell me what u wrote for question 5 about the decomposition of nickel carbonyl and the next part about the method to remove impurities.

Reaction score
For decomposition, you have to heat it. I wasnt sure about the impurities part, so i just wrote that they had to be filtered off. :p

Reaction score
ammonia+ sulfuric acid = ammonium sulphate which is soluble in water. How can it be precipitate? :eek:

Reaction score
they had asked how can we measure rate of reaction in another way ?? any other way to measure rate was asked ....not Surface Area or catalyst ..
i wrote ..rate can be found my measuring the change in temprature using Thermocouple ( since it is very senstive ) and secondly ...mass of iron left .
I didn't read the question carefully, 1 mark lost :(

Reaction score
I'm really confused about the isotope thingy, I put 13 and 14 but my friends are saying it's 13 and 13 or 13 and 15. I'm so scared. Does somebody have a certain answer? T_T

Reaction score
by measuring the time taken for the bromine to decolorize(change from reddish brown to colourless)

Are you sure about this answer? I wrote the same thing but I'm really uncertain. All others seem to have referred to mass/temperature.

Reaction score
I'm really confused about the isotope thingy, I put 13 and 14 but my friends are saying it's 13 and 13 or 13 and 15. I'm so scared. Does somebody have a certain answer? T_T
Id go with your friends, since and isotope has the same no of protons and a diff. no of nuetrons, and 13 protons plus 14 nuetrons are in the original atom of aluminium, so they cant be used.

Reaction score
your friends are right

Reaction score
Are you sure about this answer? I wrote the same thing but I'm really uncertain. All others seem to have referred to mass/temperature.
i am not sure of anything but i had just put an answer but if BrFe2 is colourless then i see no reason why cambridge will not accept the answer!!1