• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was your chemitry paper?

Reaction score
it had said ,,Aluminium have Only ONE naturally occuring Isotope ....means ....the Atom itself is an isotope ..
i give u example

Butane have two isomers ....
one is ..Butane itself known as an Isomer with name .. n butane ...
and methly propane so .. i think it is like that
its not not isomers we r talking about but isotopes!!!

Reaction score
it had said ,,Aluminium have Only ONE naturally occuring Isotope ....means ....the Atom itself is an isotope ..
i give u example

Yeah, isotope means a different atom, not the original atom bro

Reaction score
i give u example

We think alike. Lol.
But I think they might be right.

Reaction score
i am not sure of anything but i had just put an answer but if BrFe2 is colourless then i see no reason why cambridge will not accept the answer!!1

The thing is, FeBr2 is not actually colourless. Apparently, it is yellow-brown. Or at least that's what wiki says.

Reaction score
Yeah, isotope means a different atom, not the original atom bro
At first, I thought like the way you did, but it appears that there is only one naturally occurring isotope of aluminium, that is aluminium-27. There are a number of isotopes of aluminium but by far, the naturally occurring isotope of aluminium is Al-27. Isotopes are atoms of same element with same proton number but different number of neutrons, thus each variation is an isotope. I have looked in to other sources to make sure and have come across the fact Al-27 (stable isotope) is the isotope that occurs naturally. So, 13 protons, and 14 neutrons.

Reaction score
At first, I thought like the way you did, but it appears that there is only one naturally occurring isotope of aluminium, that is aluminium-27. There are a number of isotopes of aluminium but by far, the naturally occurring isotope of aluminium is Al-27. Isotopes are atoms of same element with same proton number but different number of neutrons, thus each variation is an isotope. I have looked in to other sources to make sure and have come across the fact Al-27 (stable isotope) is the isotope that occurs naturally. So, 13 protons, and 14 neutrons.
Thats the thing bro, nobody was supposed to remember something like that, it was a guess question, you just had to tell what you thought might be the closest isotope. Al-27 is the original atom, not an isotope.

Reaction score
@ Miss_Z ... what ever we wrote is 100% correct .. i have confirmed it from my teacher
@ Aneeq ... All elements are isotopes of them selves ..... Hydrogen has 3 isotope .. Duetrium , tritium and HYDROGEN it self
so Aluminium might have an Isotope ...but ALUMINIUM IT SELF is an isotope so 13 proton and 14 nuetron are correct ..
while i dont know ..wud they accept ur answers or not ..
Oh ok, thanks for confirming.

Reaction score
aluminium 26 is also a naturally occuring isotope!!!

Reaction score
The thing is, FeBr2 is not actually colourless. Apparently, it is yellow-brown. Or at least that's what wiki says.
oh i hate that couldn`t it be colourless??? it was not in our syllabus to learn the colour of febr2!!!!

Reaction score
oh i hate that couldn`t it be colourless??? it was not in our syllabus to learn the colour of febr2!!!!

Yeah, but according to me the best answer would be the temperature thingy, since it was made clear in the next part of the question that it was an exothermic reaction.

Reaction score
they had asked how can we measure rate of reaction in another way ?? any other way to measure rate was asked ....not Surface Area or catalyst ..
i wrote ..rate can be found my measuring the change in temprature using Thermocouple ( since it is very senstive ) and secondly ...mass of iron left .
i wrote measure mass of reactant before and after reaction at equal time intervals

Reaction score
I'm really confused about the isotope thingy, I put 13 and 14 but my friends are saying it's 13 and 13 or 13 and 15. I'm so scared. Does somebody have a certain answer? T_T
i just looked at the periodic table , that was fine

Reaction score
i w
it said ...ONE NATURAL ISOTOPE ..means ...we had chose atomic mass and no.
so it was 13 proton and 14 neutron
i wrote the same thing but others are saying we should have either added one neutron or subtracted it :( so they got 15 neutrons i think. you sure its correct ?

Reaction score
i w

i wrote the same thing but others are saying we should have either added one neutron or subtracted it :( so they got 15 neutrons i think. you sure its correct ?
i have seen in my encyclopedia that it should be 13p and 14 n like the normal aluminium so u got it write do not worry

Reaction score
so
@ Miss_Z ... what ever we wrote is 100% correct .. i have confirmed it from my teacher
@ Aneeq ... All elements are isotopes of them selves ..... Hydrogen has 3 isotope .. Duetrium , tritium and HYDROGEN it self
so Aluminium might have an Isotope ...but ALUMINIUM IT SELF is an isotope so 13 proton and 14 nuetron are correct ..
while i dont know ..wud they accept ur answers or not ..
so,is the 14 neutrons correct or not ?