• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOWS YOUR PREP GOIN????

Reaction score
I know but since you guys have it u should make use of it but dont tell anyone to buy it instead you could tell them to buy FNM,Ayesha Tariq and Mastering O'Level By Bilal Aslam. these are better books because i didnt know about the latter one i bought and recommended the thomas dudes book so now u understand,sorry if i misguided u.

Reaction score
scouserlfc said:
I know but since you guys have it u should make use of it but dont tell anyone to buy it instead you could tell them to buy FNM,Ayesha Tariq and Mastering O'Level By Bilal Aslam. these are better books because i didnt know about the latter one i bought and recommended the thomas dudes book so now u understand,sorry if i misguided u.
nah you never did !! :) btw I got Mastering O'Level Islamiat by Bilal Aslam for free and its kinda E-Book !! :p

Reaction score
HOW TO DO GEOGRAPHY i mean its pretty easy for some people but i find it hard how to prepare it should i learn all notes i have and solve past papers or complete 1 chapter and look at its past papers to see how questions come regarding the chapter and what about REDSPOTS of geography???

Reaction score
AnGeL.Of.DaRkNeSs said:
HOW TO DO GEOGRAPHY i mean its pretty easy for some people but i find it hard how to prepare it should i learn all notes i have and solve past papers or complete 1 chapter and look at its past papers to see how questions come regarding the chapter and what about REDSPOTS of geography???

Well your first method is the best one learn abt one topic and look in the past papers how it is done also dont use redspots their answers are not reliable,use MS or if you have some other past papers.the first method would make all your prep easy and im doing this currently so its pretty gud and you will also be able to do prep and know how questions come :p :!: :idea: :arrow: :D

Reaction score
Well, as far as geography is concerned, I hate studying from books. If your teacher is good, ask him/her to explain you every topic without looking into the book. :p Discuss things with your teacher and you'll know that geography is nothing but common sense. :D

Reaction score
PrInCeSs AshLeY said:
Well, as far as geography is concerned, I hate studying from books. If your teacher is good, ask him/her to explain you every topic without looking into the book. :p Discuss things with your teacher and you'll know that geography is nothing but common sense. :D
Agree with the Princess but i like studying from the book !! ;)

Reaction score
im going to give my exams in november this year, of pakistan studies islamiyat and urdu.
im reallyyyyy tensed. :cry:
there are still 3 months but i need to start the preparation. can u help me plzzzz
where should i prepare from and how? and how much time does it take to study really well and get A*, im looking forward to getting staright A*s :p

Reaction score
none of the sylabus have been completed:unsure:
cn u help me to find the papers for may 2012 for those subjects : chem, eco, accounts, computer, addmaths and maths..
thx:)

Reaction score
I am done with the revision... Now I must start working the exam papers and sharpen my skills. Hope to come up with great results... Unfortunately I am not sure I would get a distinction in Add-Maths and but I will try to work in out... Wish me luck ;)

Reaction score
im going to give my exams in november this year, of pakistan studies islamiyat and urdu.
im reallyyyyy tensed. :cry:
there are still 3 months but i need to start the preparation. can u help me plzzzz
where should i prepare from and how? and how much time does it take to study really well and get A*, im looking forward to getting staright A*s :p
I don't know about Urdu but I can give a tonne of advice for Pak Studies and Islamiyat. 3 months are what I would have sold a kidney for :p I had a month to prepare for both of them. But they went very well.
1. Take the preparation of all three subjects parallel to one another. Don't prepare one subject entirely before you move onto the next. Rather, try studying a handful of each syllabus every day. This way your preparation will be balanced as opposed to "OMG I'MA GONNA GET A FULL ON HISTORY :B" with "GEOGRAPHY :XXXXX" :p
2. For history, past papers + examiner reports + mark schemes are very important. When you're making your revision notes, try and incorporate all the ms/er comments into each related topic. Because 90% of the history questions in 2059/1 are repeated. So you essentially have a crack at knowing the paper before you see it. And when you do see it, and know all the answers by heart, it gives a tremendous boost to your confidence (which really helps in History's exam).
3. Learn Huma Naz Sethi's book by heart :p It will see you through the examination without any difficulty whatsoever. Also remember that Geography is 30 % learning and 70 % of common sense. The first thought that comes to your mind is usually the correct one. It's called Schindler's Razor. Be practical and logical. The paper will be a walk in the park.
4. For Islamiyat...WRITE LIKE YOU DRANK A TRUCK OF RED BULL. I swear, get in the habit of writing concisely, completely and quickly. References are only useful so long as they are relevant, accurate and are explained by a sentence before or after they are quoted. Do NOT leave any topic in Islamiyat Paper 1 and Paper 2. You'll get into trouble. Seriously. And take a look at Islamic Religion and Culture's marking schemes for an idea of the content points expected for popular questions. Then try writing it down in the most thoughtful manner possible. A stopwatch is recommended xD
So as far as your time goes...uhhhh...i guess study all day long :p I mean, how can that go wrong? Just make sure you DO stress yourself out. We perform better under pressure.
WHERE TO STUDY FROM?
1. History (Bajwa, Kelly, Marking Schemes, Examiner Reports, and Mohd.Umar's topical questions for History. Search around on the forums. You'll find them.)

2. Geography: Huma Naz Sethi all the way. Fazle Karim is too detailed and its' statistics are outdated.
3. Islamiyat: Use a multitude of books to make your own notes. Farkhanda Noor Muhammad is fine...but I used it along with Maulvi Jahangir, Ayesha Tariq, Harun Yahya, Yasmin Malik, Bilal Islam/Aslam xD and David Thomas to make the best notes I could.
If you have any other questions regarding specific sections of the syllabi, or need more advice on how to prepare, send me a message. I'll try my best to be of assistance.

Reaction score
I don't know about Urdu but I can give a tonne of advice for Pak Studies and Islamiyat. 3 months are what I would have sold a kidney for :p I had a month to prepare for both of them. But they went very well.
1. Take the preparation of all three subjects parallel to one another. Don't prepare one subject entirely before you move onto the next. Rather, try studying a handful of each syllabus every day. This way your preparation will be balanced as opposed to "OMG I'MA GONNA GET A FULL ON HISTORY :B" with "GEOGRAPHY :XXXXX" :p
2. For history, past papers + examiner reports + mark schemes are very important. When you're making your revision notes, try and incorporate all the ms/er comments into each related topic. Because 90% of the history questions in 2059/1 are repeated. So you essentially have a crack at knowing the paper before you see it. And when you do see it, and know all the answers by heart, it gives a tremendous boost to your confidence (which really helps in History's exam).
3. Learn Huma Naz Sethi's book by heart :p It will see you through the examination without any difficulty whatsoever. Also remember that Geography is 30 % learning and 70 % of common sense. The first thought that comes to your mind is usually the correct one. It's called Schindler's Razor. Be practical and logical. The paper will be a walk in the park.
4. For Islamiyat...WRITE LIKE YOU DRANK A TRUCK OF RED BULL. I swear, get in the habit of writing concisely, completely and quickly. References are only useful so long as they are relevant, accurate and are explained by a sentence before or after they are quoted. Do NOT leave any topic in Islamiyat Paper 1 and Paper 2. You'll get into trouble. Seriously. And take a look at Islamic Religion and Culture's marking schemes for an idea of the content points expected for popular questions. Then try writing it down in the most thoughtful manner possible. A stopwatch is recommended xD
So as far as your time goes...uhhhh...i guess study all day long :p I mean, how can that go wrong? Just make sure you DO stress yourself out. We perform better under pressure.
WHERE TO STUDY FROM?
1. History (Bajwa, Kelly, Marking Schemes, Examiner Reports, and Mohd.Umar's topical questions for History. Search around on the forums. You'll find them.)

2. Geography: Huma Naz Sethi all the way. Fazle Karim is too detailed and its' statistics are outdated.
3. Islamiyat: Use a multitude of books to make your own notes. Farkhanda Noor Muhammad is fine...but I used it along with Maulvi Jahangir, Ayesha Tariq, Harun Yahya, Yasmin Malik, Bilal Islam/Aslam xD and David Thomas to make the best notes I could.
If you have any other questions regarding specific sections of the syllabi, or need more advice on how to prepare, send me a message. I'll try my best to be of assistance.
thankyou very muchh!!! :D thats almost all the information i needed!!!!
i really appreciate you telling me all this! :)
and if i have any question later on, i'll be sure to ask you! :)

Reaction score
WHERE TO STUDY FROM?

Hey, can you scan your notes and upload them here please? Thank you. :)
And thank you for the suggestions! :D
Btw, i heard most people say that Farkhanda Noor is totally all for Islamiyat, and reference should be taken from 'Mastering O'level Islamiyat'... you mentioned too many books, didn't you? Frankly speaking :D

Reaction score
Hey, can you scan your notes and upload them here please? Thank you. :)
And thank you for the suggestions! :D
Btw, i heard most people say that Farkhanda Noor is totally all for Islamiyat, and reference should be taken from 'Mastering O'level Islamiyat'... you mentioned too many books, didn't you? Frankly speaking :D
Look, Farkhanda Noor is like HUGE. But there's actually little substance in it. Check out the essays given on the History and Importance of the Quran. You'll find repetition. That's what I don't like about it.
And yes, I did mention a lot of books. But that's because they give you a much more clearer picture of what to write. As opposed to quoting a reference which is available to everyone, you could use these books to quote one which isn't so widely known, but would give an impression to the examiner that you study much more deeply than your peers. I know many will argue that CIE marks on an individual basis and does not compare papers with one another, but I always believe in aiming out of the ballpark. I, for one, know that my Surah answers, my Hadith answers and my Biography accounts have more details in them because I used such a lot of books. Farkhanda Noor and Yasmin Malik were the books which I used as "textbooks". The rest were just reference books for the occasional date, reference, verification etc.
But if you think it's a waste or too much of a hassle, then sure, Mastering O' Level Islamiyat is great. It has concise info. Go for it. It's very well written, very accessible and has better organisation of data as opposed to FNM.

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me about Pakistan studies as I am appearing Oct/Nov session 2012. My teacher told us that we can do any two sections.. But I'm confused I have to learn all three Section or any 2 as I'm preparing Sec 1 & 2

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me about Pakistan studies as I am appearing Oct/Nov session 2012. My teacher told us that we can do any two sections.. But I'm confused I have to learn all three Section or any 2 as I'm preparing Sec 1 & 2
Prepare Section 1 and 2 perfectly. Don't leave any topic within these sections. If you're done with that, then study section three till at least Bhutto's reign. You can leave international relations and the tenures of Zia, Nawaz Sharif and Benazir that way and still be safe with a choice of 3 of 4 questions in your paper :D

Reaction score
Prepare Section 1 and 2 perfectly. Don't leave any topic within these sections. If you're done with that, then study section three till at least Bhutto's reign. You can leave international relations and the tenures of Zia, Nawaz Sharif and Benazir that way and still be safe with a choice of 3 of 4 questions in your paper :D
Thanks.. and even I want to ask sec 1 & sec 2 covers which Chapters

Reaction score
salam roaring inferno, cann u send your notes of islamiat to me . if u don't mind and kindly tell me what is the difference between Islamic religion and culture(2056) and islamiat(2058), and how to get a distinction in islamiat achieved. jazakallah

Reaction score
salam roaring inferno, cann u send your notes of islamiat to me . if u don't mind and kindly tell me what is the difference between Islamic religion and culture(2056) and islamiat(2058), and how to get a distinction in islamiat achieved. jazakallah
Hey. Unfortunately, the digital copies of my notes were in my old laptop which pretty much died on me this January. So I'm really sorry, but uploading the notes is gonna be too tedious.
Islamic Religion and Culture (2056) has a more point-oriented marking system. As in you score marks solely for the details and information that you include in your answer, and not for the way in which you express those details. That's the main difference between 2056 and 2058. Islamiat (2058) pays alot more attention to the quality of your answers. 'Quality' essentially means that you have to pay attention to the fluency and continuity of your answers along with all those details, as well as including something that shows that you've not merely rote-learned everything such as your own opinion, or a reference.
A distinction requires alot of hard work. Your answers have to be exceptional- both factually and qualitatively. Your writing style, presentation, use of quotations, conclusions...everything is considered. So, like I said, you need to work really hard if you want a distinction. I'm not a distinction-holder myself, but my teachers told me that all of these things are very important. I hope you found this helpful and, once again, sorry for the notes thing.
Good luck with your exams.