• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ICT : Post your doubts here !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i found a solution ... i talked to my teacher u have to change it to NIBG6 as they told u at the beginning of the question that u will amend N1BG5 :)

i did as u said , it become larger than NIBG6 , though it is the image asked to edit , but idk why this happens , razo i need ur help finding a solution for this :)

Reaction score
helloo, i have some doubts in ict that i would like to ask you about:)
from which pastpaper *year* shall i practice for ict? my exam is veryy soon, and ive just done from 2009-2011
how do i change from inch to cm in powerpoint 2007?
how do i crop the image *using pic manager* so that it becomes 400cm wide and 1000cm high?
how do i screenshot *evidence* of the file size of the images?
when do we use the LOOKUP function and when do we use the VLOOKUP function, and which one do we usually use?
for excel, ive just came across sumif, countif, if, vlookup,lookup, round, are there any other functions?
for pic manager, do i jst need to know how to crop, resize, flip and compress? is there anything else i need to know using picture manager?
when they say this: Open the image

N1BG5.JPG
in a suitable application.
(You will manipulate this image to create the background image which will be used in a
stylesheet.) they mean that the image will be put as a background after ALL the changes (crop resize compress,,) are made on the original pic, right?
THANK YOUU!!!

hello , i will solve all of them for you inshaAllah :)
u should practice all , but its ok to know the concept of the new past papers , cuz it is the same concept which ur exam will come on.
you can just write ... suppose u want to change to 5 cm , you will just write there instead of what is written "5 cm" or "5cm".
in which past paper did this question came , they wont ask us about croping pics to make it with a specific size .
you open the resize options box , take a screenshot and place it in the evidence document.
Difference between lookup and vlookup is that vlookup is only for vertical columns and lookup for horizontal ones, we usually use vlookup.
there are which can be "MAX" to see which is the greatest in number in a specific range .
no you dont have to know anything else in the pic manager.

yes ofcourse , it will be the background after all the changes :)

Reaction score
i did as u said , it become larger than NIBG6 , though it is the image asked to edit , but idk why this happens , razo i need ur help finding a solution for this :)
that's strange ... tried it & it worked .... in the question didnt u resize N1BG5 to 800 px & then saved it as N1BG6 ... but here N1BG5 stayed the same ... so then u have to open the stylesheet & just change the background image??? repeat & tell me what happens

Reaction score
THANK YOU sooo much for ur replyyy:)
i didnt know how to do this question:
Crop off the right side of the image so that it is 400 pixels wide and 1000 pixels
high. Save this image as
NXBOARD2.JPG, it came in november 2010, q29
and this question:
Create a hyperlink from the image placed in step 20 to send an e-mail to
[email protected], it came in may june 2010
and this question:
Open the stylesheet J1-2012.CSS in a suitable editor. Edit this file so that the
background image is
J1FLAG.PNG, it came in june 2011 qp32, how do i make the image a background of the stylesheet? and what do they mean by a suitable editor?

Reaction score
Crop off the right side of the image so that it is 400 pixels wide and 1000 pixels
high. Save this image as
NXBOARD2.JPG it came in

and this question:
Open the stylesheet J1-2012.CSS in a suitable editor. Edit this file so that the
background image is
J1FLAG.PNG, it came in june 2011 qp32, how do i make the image a bacground of the stylesheet? and what do they mean by a suitable editor?
i think Gergawy & i will help u on this :p ..... so for cropping open the pic in microsoft word u doubleclick on the pic & crop as usual that's how i do it ...but then u cut & paste the pic in frontpage when u right click on the cropped pic go to picture properties & change the size as they asked...
creating hyperlink : see in the pic ... u right click on the pic whatever the pic is ... hyperlink ... e-mail address u type in the e-mail address & then ok save & open in browser check that when u double click on this pic in browser outlook or something similar must open ... as for the last one u go to frontpage-->file-->open-->stylesheet & then where i highlighted in the second pic simply type in JIFLAG.PNG & when u save u should get small Britain flags in the homepage background Untitled.pngUntitled (2).png

Reaction score
& btw about the cropping that is the method im using i think Gergawy might give u something else so .. we'll wait his reply :D

Reaction score
yo Gergawy i have a question .... i use lookup for both vertical & horizontal ones & i get the same answer as when using vlookup in the ms vlookup is there so i loose marks when using lookup?? ;)

Reaction score
that's strange ... tried it & it worked .... in the question didnt u resize N1BG5 to 800 px & then saved it as N1BG6 ... but here N1BG5 stayed the same ... so then u have to open the stylesheet & just change the background image??? repeat & tell me what happens

i didnt understand what u are trying to tell me :(

high. Save this image as
NXBOARD2.JPG, it came in november 2010, q29
and this question:
and this question:
background image is
J1FLAG.PNG, it came in june 2011 qp32, how do i make the image a background of the stylesheet? and what do they mean by a suitable editor?

& btw about the cropping that is the method im using i think Gergawy might give u something else so .. we'll wait his reply :D

well razo helped on a part and i will replace her help part about croping the image in another way , her way is correct but there is another way using picture manager , open the image using picture manager , from the taskbar at tthe top choose picture , a list will appear , choose crop , a box will appear on the right of the screen , u choose which part u want to crop , u want the image to be 400 X 1000 , so u will crop from the "Right" 600 Pixels , and thats it :)

yo Gergawy i have a question .... i use lookup for both vertical & horizontal ones & i get the same answer as when using vlookup in the ms vlookup is there so i loose marks when using lookup?? ;)

no you wont lose marks , actually in ict subject you dont have to understanding neither learn, u must know the way or the formula to solve it , to show what is asked in the question at the end of what u are doing no matter what way u used , u must make sure that way u are using will give what question asks , in ict u must know how to play with the computer , "OFCOURSE NOT PLAYING GAMES" , this playing i mean how to make something in more than one way , thats why i gave the cropping part in another way :)

Reaction score

tell me what to do again and i will do it literally :)

Reaction score
tell me what to do again and i will do it literally :)
well, at the beginning didnt they tell u that u r going to amend N1BG5 to make the background ... then they told u to resize it & save as N1BG6 so when u come to the stylesheet u will choose the best which is stylesheet 8 ... then u open it & change the background to N1BG6 which u resized that's it & u will get the right background .. try repeating the frontpage part from the beginning & tell me what happens

Reaction score
i really want to get an A star in ict!!:( do you guys have any tips for that?

i said it before,

in ict subject you dont have to understand neither learn, u must know the way or the formula to solve it , to show what is asked in the question at the end of what u are doing no matter what way u used , u must make sure that way u are using will give what question asks , in ict u must know how to play with the computer , "OFCOURSE NOT PLAYING GAMES" , this playing i mean how to make something in more than one way , thats why i gave the cropping part in another way :)

Reaction score
well, at the beginning didnt they tell u that u r going to amend N1BG5 to make the background ... then they told u to resize it & save as N1BG6 so when u come to the stylesheet u will choose the best which is stylesheet 8 ... then u open it & change the background to N1BG6 which u resized that's it & u will get the right background .. try repeating the frontpage part from the beginning & tell me what happens

omg when i resized it , i made it the background for that n1javelin.htm and when they say resize the browser so that no tiling occurs , how could i resize it if the important stuff written will be also invisible , omg why the questions are becoming so ridiculous :(

Reaction score
aoa wr wb !

first , u highlight the gender column , and then "Right Click" on the column , then select "Sort" , and then select the order , if they asked ascending then u choose from A to Z , if they asked in the question descending order then you must choose sort from Z to A , and same for the Throw Column .

if u got more questions , dont hesitate to ask them :D

AOA :)
i have the same question. i followed ur instructions but every time i do it, firstly: the gender gets jumbled up as soon as i arrange in descending order of best throw,,, and secondly: even the best throw column is not in descending order :/ i've been stuck on this question for SUCH a long time. i desperately need help :/another thing tht made me sure i had something wrong was that the order does NOT match the ms's order UGH.
1.jpg

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have gotten a question here to ask. On ON/11 Paper 3. On question 27 it was asked sort this data into descending order of Gender and then to descending order of Best Throw column. Can someone care to explain this for me how this is done?

AOA :)
i have the same question. i followed ur instructions but every time i do it, firstly: the gender gets jumbled up as soon as i arrange in descending order of best throw,,, and secondly: even the best throw column is not in descending order :/ i've been stuck on this question for SUCH a long time. i desperately need help :/another thing tht made me sure i had something wrong was that the order does NOT match the ms's order UGH.
View attachment 6815

"Yup I am a Pro"

i solved the prob for u guys , first u filter to show only the "Yes" cells , then on any cell heading when u list down the filter options , choose custom filter and then do as i did in the pictures .

after u finish you will find the second heading of each cell has came down , if that happened just insert a row before the first information cell under the heading and grab them each to their place :)

thats it :)

I am very happy i solved this prob :)

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
i did it before , try this out go to sort & filter , then custom sort when the sort window opens u will have 3 boxes with drop down lists Column , Sort on , & order u will need only 2 ... so u will only need the first 2 rows... now using the drop down lists in Column specify the name of field which is GENDER , then the sort on keep it as value , then in order use from Z TO A , under that use the Best throw column , keep sort on as value & order as Z TO A :) srry if my explanation wasnt rlly clear :p , but try it & let me know what happens

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool , i just read this now , but i am still glad i solved it by myself not by reading ur post :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Status
Not open for further replies.