• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ICT : Post your doubts here !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
guys who have done the igcse practical 2012? plz help me here i need the question paper plz ???

Reaction score
guys who have done the igcse practical 2012? plz help me here i need the question paper plz ???

have you read this ????

can u guys stop begging for getting exams in this terrible way ...

DONT U HAVE FAITH IN ALLAH ???
DONT U STUDY ???

if u didnt study and just go to practice ict practicals then you wont get anything ... study well and then practise past papers ... and have faith in Allah and pray for yourselves continuously ... Allah loves the muslim who keeps on begging Allah for a special matter .

Study then practice .... and i wrote the reason why i made this site :
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/ict-post-your-doubts-here.12789/

its that i observe my friends at the ict class , they face a big difficulty in solving the ict practicals , if anyone has a problem , just post it there and i will solve it for him ... any question even if u think its silly ... i dont think its silly ... a question is a question even the answer is simple ... just ask it and dont be afraid and have faith in Allah :)

i posted that in a thread and they also wanted to have the question papers for the new 2012 practical , read it :)

Reaction score
Aye
could someone help me with the Nested if's and the round formulas in Excel, i somehow always get confused while writing the nested if and what is round used for?
Answer ASAP, got my practicals pretty soon!

Reaction score
Aye
could someone help me with the Nested if's and the round formulas in Excel, i somehow always get confused while writing the nested if and what is round used for?
Answer ASAP, got my practicals pretty soon!

you just have to know the concept of the question and put each condition asked in the question there in the equation , you can see how it is written in the mark scheme and try to write it by your hands , and remember there are conditions such like >10 will give something and >20 and >30 will give something and when u finish you will find some cells with "N/A" , it means something wrong in the equation , its just a simple mistake , u have to add ",0" at the end of the equation because there are cells which are less than 10 .

you just have to put the conditions which they asked from you in the question , thats all :)

when do you press f4 in excel formulae?

when you use "CountIF" formula , at the range selection , when you finish choosing the range , you highlight it in its box and press "F4" cuz if u didnt , in the next cell he will take the range from the next cell too , and we want the whole range to calculate a specific criteria , so we use "F4" , u can see when u press it , it puts $ sign infront and back of each cell range , it means the range will be taken from all the cells , to calculate the number of a specific criteria .

Clear ?? :)

Reaction score
that is what i get confused in, like in summer 2011 excel part, where they ask you to nest if
i cant seem to get the condition correct!

Reaction score
can u help me with que. 27 (m/j 09).. p-3 a pale backgroung on the right hand side abt 1/4 of width of slide ?

Reaction score
in o/n2009 p2 task#42 , shows only the records where the booking was made between 1st april 2009 and 30th june 2009...........what shud b the criteria??

Reaction score
in o/n2009 p2 task#42 , shows only the records where the booking was made between 1st april 2009 and 30th june 2009...........what shud b the criteria??

You saved the image with a different name, so you must link that image, or try removing the previous image and re linking it, i have the same problem, re linking usually works, or sometimes the name on the code in dreamwiever does not match the name of the image, also check whether you have saved it with the right file format, they ask JPG, sometimes students forget to save the image in JPG so the problem can arise!

Ask away if you have anymore doubts, i am doing the same paper and was stuck on the same thing, though i had messed up on the JPG part!

Peace Out!

Reaction score
Hello :D In Paper 3 OCT/NOV 2011, Question 42 I replaced the words Archery etc with pictures and when replacing the word Athletics the picture becomes pink !
Can anyone explain why it happens? did it happens with other's too?
THANKS (y)

Reaction score
that is what i get confused in, like in summer 2011 excel part, where they ask you to nest if
i cant seem to get the condition correct!

you must see which condition u must put first , i will solve that question with you step by step :)

In cell O8 use a formula to display the word Yes if the athlete’s longest throw breaks the
Olympic record or display the word No if it does not. (Remember that there are two
records, one for men and one for women.)

in any question in cie exams read the question part which is in brackets or Bold because it has the key of solving the question , there are several ways to make excel formulas , i will tell you the easiest one , writing it by ur hands as i said before , there are two records one for men and one for female , so first lets put the conditions for male and after that we wont write the conditions for female cuz at the false part , if it will not find the "Male" cell , definitely it will find the "Female" cell , lets start :

IF(D8="Male", IF(K8>$D$3, "Yes", "No"), IF(K8>$D$4, "Yes", "No"))

you will find that the condition part is IF MALE , so if it will find "Male" , it will apply the true part which is "IF(K8>$D$3, "Yes", "No")" , if it will not find "Male" , it will apply the false part which is "IF(K8>$D$4, "Yes", "No")) .

hope u got the point , if u need anything else just ask me :)

Reaction score
Yes. Thank you.
Do you know why whenever i use dreamweaver some of the images in the website do not appear and only a box with a cross shows there?
How do you do the may june 2011 paper 31 questions 30-32? http://www.xtremepapers.com/papers/CIE/Cambridge IGCSE/Information and Communication Technology (0417)/0417_s11_qp_31.pdf
How do you do question 44 in the same paper in dreamweaver?

You saved the image with a different name, so you must link that image, or try removing the previous image and re linking it, i have the same problem, re linking usually works, or sometimes the name on the code in dreamwiever does not match the name of the image, also check whether you have saved it with the right file format, they ask JPG, sometimes students forget to save the image in JPG so the problem can arise!

Ask away if you have anymore doubts, i am doing the same paper and was stuck on the same thing, though i had messed up on the JPG part!

Peace Out!

have you tried doing it using Frontpage 2003 ??
btw , you will be using frontpage in the cie exams , so u must be related to it :)

can u help me with que. 27 (m/j 09).. p-3 a pale backgroung on the right hand side abt 1/4 of width of slide ?

you can just make a rectangle and resize it until it fits 1/4 of the slide
its just an average thinking , you must see it by eye and see if it is nearly fills the 1/4 of the square.

in the criteria part you write :

Between #01.04.2009# And #30.06.2009#

this sign is special for the use of dates .... thats it , if u got any doubts post it , i will solve it inshaAllah :)

Hello :D In Paper 3 OCT/NOV 2011, Question 42 I replaced the words Archery etc with pictures and when replacing the word Athletics the picture becomes pink !
Can anyone explain why it happens? did it happens with other's too?
THANKS (y)

idk whats the problem there , i tried it using frontpage same problem happened with me , the background of the picture is changed to pink , i tried it using another software , it didnt turn pink , problem is in software not the file :(

how to do task 47 of p2 m/j/2009???
and how to pullout a segment from chart?

they just want u to make a graph charting pack of that data by using excel and then by using access export the cells which u used to make the graph into Word Document Cells , if you didnt get the point tell me , and if u got more questions tell me , i will answer it inshaAllah :)

Reaction score
I checked and the image was correctly named but there was still crosses
The background image was small and tiled too so there must have been a problem in steps 30-31 but i dont know what it is.
I think in the exams i will be using dreamweaver because i have not been taught how to use frontpage.

Status
Not open for further replies.