• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

IGCSE Biology

Reaction score
That's what I thought, but then a friend told me the left hand side is the core part, and the right hand side is the extended plus core syllabus ._. So that mixes up both things doesn't it? :/ Or did I get the wrong idea? ._.
If you are taking the extended syllabus, you have to study both the left and the right hand side.

Reaction score
Iridescent funky brat princess sofia leeminho
So I have my biology P61 tomorrow .-. Insha Allah. I was wondering, If you are asked to mention one reason in a question, and you give two, is it true they'll only mark the first one? Is it a good idea to list more reasons than required? (e.g 4 marks, and you give 5-6 points) or not? ._.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I have my biology P61 tomorrow .-. Insha Allah. I was wondering, If you are asked to mention one reason in a question, and you give two, is it true they'll only mark the first one? Is it a good idea to list more reasons than required? (e.g 4 marks, and you give 5-6 points) or not? ._.
its better to write many options nd be on d safer side

Reaction score
I GUESS WE SHD MENTION ONLY WHICH R REQUIRED FOR I ONCE READ THX IN EXAMINER REPORT

Reaction score
Alright so I don't know if a thread already exists about this topic, but I had a question about the syllabus ._. Have my cie on the 6th, so help will be appreciated ^_^
What part of biotechnology is actually included in the syllabus? :/ Cause that's one long chapter and there's way too much stuff in the book about it i.e vinegar, beer, wine etc, questions about which I've rarely seen in the past papers. And I don't get the syllabus or I would've checked it out myself ._. I mean there's no separate list for the extended syllabus :l
leeminho Dark Destination Cookie Monster funky brat

I'm probably gonna come up with more questions soon. :3
Also, if anyone has any doubts about biology (IGCSE) please post them in this thread, hope the community members would be willing to help you guys out :LOL:
almost all of it is , dat yougurt , vinegar things come under use of enzymes in food industry , so u have to study all , bt i guess u dnt need to learn the diseases in so much detail

Reaction score
almost all of it is , dat yougurt , vinegar things come under use of enzymes in food industry , so u have to study all , bt i guess u dnt need to learn the diseases in so much detail
Do you think it's imp for paper 6 too?

Reaction score
Do you think it's imp for paper 6 too?
The formation of yogurt is important. You should also be aware of the antibiotics such as penicillin produced by a named fungus and the steps related to it. Learn the conversion of lactose to lactic acid in the formation of yogurt.

Reaction score
But what if they don't even mark the extra points? ._.
They don't. Do not write more then what's necessary, because they will only check the points according to the marks. i.e., if you write 7 points for a five mark question, they will only check the first five points and will not differentiate the wrong points from the right ones.

Reaction score
There is no concept of negative marking in olevels. But, I don't know a single thing about GCSE so can't help you there. Sorry :(