• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

In your opinion?

Is it a sin to keep asking God for something that you cant get?

• Total voters
Reaction score
About your question; Why can't you get what you are asking for? How do you know you can't get it? Is the result of it being harmful to you has been resulted from Istikhara?
Remember, asking Allah for something is no sin. Infact Allah Himself States;
''Call on Me, and I Will Answer your call'.
However, I won't make further comments (I may misguide you probably) since the situation is not known.
wat if its an istikhara situation then?

Reaction score
Re:Is it a sin to keep asking God for something that you cant get?
Firstly, it is never sinful to ask Allah for anything.. Only a foolish person (mentally retarded) will ask Allah for something Haram while knows about it. For example: Help me to commit zina, drink alcohol, etc.... And so as obvious, his prayers won't be accepted. There are some special etiquette's of making a perfect dua that is most likely to be accepted:::: http://islamqa.info/en/36902

Back to your question, what do you mean 'you can't get?' If it means that you think it's impossible for you to achieve like you expect A*s when you haven't studied at all, then it's never a sin. The point is that you should always constantly keep asking Allah for his help and yes, in Islam we believe in miracles. Whether you get A*s or not is not the point. Infact, you will be rewarded for making dua and remembering Allah. This is the beauty of Islam :D

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Man should call upon Allah alone to provide for all his needs, so much so that even if a shoe-lace is broken, he should pray to Allah to provide a shoe-lace, and if he needs salt, he should beseech Allah to send it to him.” [Tirmidhi]

Could you elaborate on this statement with an example:

Exactly. That's the purpose of life. (Y)
Asking Allah for help with all our problems. :')

Reaction score
SO, I forgot to join you, I even forgot, what was the topic we are talking, gimme a brief summary, so that I can join this discussion.
P.S. I am bored of reading nowadays :p

Reaction score
Re:Is it a sin to keep asking God for something that you cant get?
Firstly, it is never sinful to ask Allah for anything.. Only a foolish person (mentally retarded) will ask Allah for something Haram while knows about it. For example: Help me to commit zina, drink alcohol, etc.... And so as obvious, his prayers won't be accepted. There are some special etiquette's of making a perfect dua that would be most likely to be accepted:::: http://islamqa.info/en/36902

Back to your question, what do you mean 'you can't get?' If it means that you think it's impossible for you to achieve like you expect A*s when you haven't studied at all, then it's never a sin. The point is that you should always constantly keep asking Allah for his help and yes, in Islam we believe in miracles. Whether you get A*s or not is not the point. Infact, you will be rewarded for making dua and remembering Allah. This is the beauty of Islam :D... Moreover, CONSISTENCY is one of the keys of a dua being accepted. It's all about hope and trust that you have in Allah in such a way that you shouldn't doubt that your prayers are in vain or how many ever years it may take but Allah will listen and answer your duas. That should be the spirit!

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Man should call upon Allah alone to provide for all his needs, so much so that even if a shoe-lace is broken, he should pray to Allah to provide a shoe-lace, and if he needs salt, he should beseech Allah to send it to him.” [Tirmidhi]

Could you elaborate on this statement with an example: Neither Haram nor unlawful. But it has been made clear previously that it may not be good for me...
suppose i did istikhara... n then still i want that thing and i have no one else tro turn to excpt HIM but m praying the HE changes his decision :/

Reaction score
suppose i did istikhara... n then still i want that thing and i have no one else tro turn to excpt HIM but m praying the HE changes his decision :/
How do you know the decision? Nobody has the knowledge of the future, so how can you ask it to be changed when you dont know what it was

Reaction score
How do you know the decision? Nobody has the knowledge of the future, so how can you ask it to be changed when you dont know what it was
there are ways in wch Allah shows his people of the thing asked that is wat the purpose of istikhara is