• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

is english dying?

Reaction score
i can't donate blood grp does not match :p , i wanna learn PUNJABI.

Reaction score
Well most of the people love to spoke English and then don't feel english as a dying but the people who are weak in English can't speak or read English to them English is really dying and difficult but if a person try he or she can make it possible and easy.

Reaction score
Or some people think English is dying because they can see the effects of technology and slang on English.

Reaction score
First of all, I don't expect this from CIE, it would be a rumor.

Second, I'm sorry, no offence to anyone, but I find it highly annoying when people type slang or use sms/internet language...

One of my friends... Instead of typing "fine", she wrote "5n" ... And I spent 5 minutes trying to figure out what "5n" was doing in the middle of her email :p

..Or maybe it's just me ;)

Speaking of English, the title of this thread reminds me of a poem "Exposure" By: Wilfred Owen... Soldiers in the war repeatedly say "Is it that we are dying?"

^ Random, I know, but well :oops: :unknown:

Reaction score
True, it annoys me when people type slang or lingo. Especially people they write inconsistently, because then if they mistype a word, I'm left wondering which new word it is.

haha

Reaction score
dragoninja98 said:
DIe english die !
haha !
Meray mun ki baat cheen li.
English ki namaz janaza bhi nai parhun ga :crazy: :crazy: :%) :shock: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Reaction score
seriously if you dont like dan brown then your missing out on alot.
i rarley read books but when i start i get hooked up for like three months straight, thats why im not going to start.

Reaction score
I tried Dan Brown and was disappointed. 3 months????? I finish books up to 800-900 pages in one day. If it goes up to one thousand pages, then it takes me two days to finish it.

Reaction score
Dying ?!?!?!?!

I have to say, Dan Brown's work is just appealing because he fools, yes, literally fools the reader into believing fiction and conspiracy plots of a like that would on realistic levels just be preposterous !!!

In my opinion every author has their 'Cinderellas' and 'Ugly Ducklings'. Dan Brown just seems to favour producing an intermediate mix of both. I prefer horror and narratives based on fact to any other genre and the best piece of fiction I've read thus far is Stephen King's 'Under The Dome'.

Reaction score
no i mean i contiously go to jarir and by books like three a week for like three months straight until i start studying or something else

Reaction score
Ohhhh. haha I get my whole stock of books from Pakistan if I go there for the holz. Otherwise if I'm stuck here, it's either Jarir or ebooks 'cause Jarir doesn't always the titles I want.

Reaction score
Re: Dying ?!?!?!?!

Aahmsil said:
I have to say, Dan Brown's work is just appealing because he fools, yes, literally fools the reader into believing fiction and conspiracy plots of a like that would on realistic levels just be preposterous !!!

In my opinion every author has their 'Cinderellas' and 'Ugly Ducklings'. Dan Brown just seems to favour producing an intermediate mix of both. I prefer horror and narratives based on fact to any other genre and the best piece of fiction I've read thus far is Stephen King's 'Under The Dome'.

ya i guess so.........soon after you read his books you'll get hooked onto the theories and conspiracies, i even end up doing loads of research and more often than not he's not the only one propagating these theories. I mean go google the 'Illuminati' or watch the videos on youtube! it's pretty freaky! but it wears off after a while. But at that moment the thrill is a pretty nice feeling! Besides i find horror books 'not so horrifying' .

Reaction score
It's a Dome story

ahmed t said:
under the dome is awesome
Ah finally ! Someone who accepts things for what they are ! Have you read Duma Key by any chance ?