• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Isl P1 and History Retake!How'd it go?

Reaction score
It's not real.....it was just a solution given by protesters that i think i read in the tribune....no authenticity so don't get your hopes up.
I think it wud be really stupid if they do that, I mean wat was the point of taking re-exams then.

Reaction score
I have listened that Cambridge Board will consider marks of paper which would have better marks whether papers of May 2013 exams or papers of Re-take exams.Is it true?:confused:

just discussed with some others,now,i thin k there can be reality(100%) in this.......coz a good examiner wud know by the script of the student on whether it was his own and also by comparing it with his/her re-take paper........also as per ur statement tht they discovered those involved in this and this,I now think, is possible tht they did pin-point all those involved......Well,ofcourse CIE aint gonna divulge too much information now...but this is quite credulous.but again,its a possibility not fact,at least yet

Reaction score
Mine went well both papers alhamdullilah.Dont discuss content just how it went.Marks would be pretty much the same as last paper as far as i know.And on paper it was written Oct.Nov 2013!There was also a mistake in His Q2,and even an erratum wasnt given!
Alhamdullilah My Pprz Also Went Awsum And They Did A Mistake In Reforms About the date which was 1906 BuT Actuallty it was 1909 However We Have To Go Through The British Wht They Had Written And The Oct/Nov 2013 Ppr Was Written It Wasn't A Mistake ! The One Who Was Speaking In Mike Told Tht This Will Not Have An Impact On Ur Grades So Dun Take Any Tension!

Reaction score
2 or 3 at least.Cuz there were only 3 events:
Taif
Pledges
Migratiom
2 (a) Describe the events that immediately led up to the Prophet’s migration, the hijra.
(a) [The problem here concerns exactly what events led up to the hijra.
Candidates have to decide when to start the story.]
• Muhammad had incurred the enmity of Quraysh by his preaching. [This is
background and for any general information of this kind allow 1 mark.)]
• His wife Khadija and uncle Abu Talib died in 619 leaving him
defenceless.
• He sought acceptance by preaching at fairs in Mecca and elsewhere.
• A small group from Yathrib (later renamed Medina) listened and accepted
his preaching.
• The next year they swore allegiance to him (the first pact of al-`Aqaba,
the oath of women, not involving fighting for him).
• The following year 73 men from Yathrib swore to defend him (the second
Pact of al-`Aqaba). [1 mark, but 2 marks for details of numbers etc.]
• Muhammad gradually sent Meccan Muslims north to Yathrib.
• He himself went on the same night when the Quraysh planned to murder
him.
• He departed with Abu Bakr.
• He left `Ali in his bed as a decoy, and in order to return items people had
left with him.
• The Prophet received a divine instruction to migrate.
This is an answer to this question in question paper october/november 2005 which does not mentions the event of TAIF.

Reaction score
2 (a) Describe the events that immediately led up to the Prophet’s migration, the hijra.
(a) [The problem here concerns exactly what events led up to the hijra.
Candidates have to decide when to start the story.]
• Muhammad had incurred the enmity of Quraysh by his preaching. [This is
background and for any general information of this kind allow 1 mark.)]
• His wife Khadija and uncle Abu Talib died in 619 leaving him
defenceless.
• He sought acceptance by preaching at fairs in Mecca and elsewhere.
• A small group from Yathrib (later renamed Medina) listened and accepted
his preaching.
• The next year they swore allegiance to him (the first pact of al-`Aqaba,
the oath of women, not involving fighting for him).
• The following year 73 men from Yathrib swore to defend him (the second
Pact of al-`Aqaba). [1 mark, but 2 marks for details of numbers etc.]
• Muhammad gradually sent Meccan Muslims north to Yathrib.
• He himself went on the same night when the Quraysh planned to murder
him.
• He departed with Abu Bakr.
• He left `Ali in his bed as a decoy, and in order to return items people had
left with him.
• The Prophet received a divine instruction to migrate.
This is an answer to this question in question paper october/november 2005 which does not mentions the event of TAIF.

In oct/nov 2009 paper which may be more better..it is also given less indication of Taif event,they only wrote,like in the above,attempts to preach else where like the famously known taif.so very little indication there.however,in b part of same paper in MS ,they did write of imp of taif in leading up to idea of migration....so frm wht i think,taif shud be written still though i think it shudn,t be emphasized much(relative to pledges )
Also,did we really need to mention the daran nadwa ,plot to kill and divine instruction,i mean is it compulsory part of answer...coz in this question paper(2013 oct/nov) specifically and only ,it was written trace the events after abu talibs death tht lead to migration of MUSLIMS...so it may not be compulsory to write to daran nadwa and the plot as it says muslims.Ofcourse,the prophet(S.A.W) is considered to be part of community but wht generally instigated them to migrate were the pledges(most imp) and combined factors(like persecutions e.t.c) and only the prophet himself migrated on receiving divine instructions.so this might not be necessary for the criterio of 10 marks..though u shud try to mention the brief bckgrnd just before like the prophet ordered to migrate secretly in small groups supervised by Hz Abbass.this u may/shud write..also if u look in the 2009 oct/nov paper 1,u can see in q5 ms tht there is no mention of plot of killing.Even though this was a broad question ,the ms still did not mention or even give an Indication of any plot or divine instructions..In the examiner report,these abv points weren,t also even given an indication.....infact they wrote or showed the pledges of Aqabah as most imp(justified of course) even though this question also specifically said led to PROPHETS(S.A.W) migration...so i dont think plot and all tht was imp or necessary to write infact if u ask me,these events are included in migration as well,even the plot and tht divinde instruction part as well.......Wht u all think guys.

Reaction score
In oct/nov 2009 paper which may be more better..it is also given less indication of Taif event,they only wrote,like in the above,attempts to preach else where like the famously known taif.so very little indication there.however,in b part of same paper in MS ,they did write of imp of taif in leading up to idea of migration....so frm wht i think,taif shud be written still though i think it shudn,t be emphasized much(relative to pledges )
Also,did we really need to mention the daran nadwa ,plot to kill and divine instruction,i mean is it compulsory part of answer...coz in this question paper(2013 oct/nov) specifically and only ,it was written trace the events after abu talibs death tht lead to migration of MUSLIMS...so it may not be compulsory to write to daran nadwa and the plot as it says muslims.Ofcourse,the prophet(S.A.W) is considered to be part of community but wht generally instigated them to migrate were the pledges(most imp) and combined factors(like persecutions e.t.c) and only the prophet himself migrated on receiving divine instructions.so this might not be necessary for the criterio of 10 marks..though u shud try to mention the brief bckgrnd just before like the prophet ordered to migrate secretly in small groups supervised by Hz Abbass.this u may/shud write..also if u look in the 2009 oct/nov paper 1,u can see in q5 ms tht there is no mention of plot of killing.Even though this was a broad question ,the ms still did not mention or even give an Indication of any plot or divine instructions..In the examiner report,these abv points weren,t also even given an indication.....infact they wrote or showed the pledges of Aqabah as most imp(justified of course) even though this question also specifically said led to PROPHETS(S.A.W) migration...so i dont think plot and all tht was imp or necessary to write infact if u ask me,these events are included in migration as well,even the plot and tht divinde instruction part as well.......Wht u all think guys.
Hey Umar you are right! I agree with you thhat no marks would be deducted for not writing about Taif or about Dar-un-Nadwa,DO you AGREE to this or ASAD ALAM's point?

Reaction score
Hey Umar you are right! I agree with you thhat no marks would be deducted for not writing about Taif or about Dar-un-Nadwa,DO you AGREE to this or ASAD ALAM's point?
The daran nadwa,s point can and cant be written however this is not compulsory to write(I mean if u want 10 marks ,i.e is).u can get 10 without writing abt the divine instruction and plot e.t.c .if we look at may 2008 paper 1 then in points abt migration they wrote the whole story of migration including backgrnd details like the plot and divine instruction so this means its probably part of migration as well...i am not denying the point to write abt daran nadwa but i dont think there is lot of credit in this coz (points mentioned in previous post).Also in oct 2009 paper ER they also emphasized on migration to abyssinia but even more on pledges,in this question ofc migration to abyssinia didn,t have to be mentioned......So i say this point is not tht imp to mention due to ms previous year and the question this year tht is migration of MUSLIMS who migrated even before the plot....hence,it WILL BE credited but little.
Abt taif,in this timeline u can see tht important events include taif and pledges....the MS did say the prophets attempts to preach elsewhere esp taif so i think this point is very worth writing also coz its a new question relatively so taif may be given bigger importance..so abt 2/3 pages on taif is still good.So with regard to agreeing its 50%
But remember this is only wht i think and say.

Reaction score
But it was not ONLY these. It was a tricky one i have read marking schemes and it clearly tells k apko Urdu likhni hoti jab b HOW successful aye.

absolutely..it is there in the pastpapers.how else cud be "how successful " interpreted..

Reaction score
i was left with less towards the end of the his ppr and kinda rushed the q on negotiations during ww2. apart from cripps mission i cudnt describe the events in detail though i mentioned all of them and how they were successful or not..

Reaction score
Allah ka Shukar my paper went awesome..
Still I have some confusion as I had not wrote about august offer and pakistan resolution in History paper Q3 (c)..