• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islam and Christmas

Reaction score
Aoa everyone. I was wondering if anyone has something to say regarding the Christmas and it's celebration with regard to Islam. Our religon teaches us to be good to every human being no matter what religion he follows. To be more specific, is it acceptable to offer Christmas greetings to the non-muslims? There are different views about it. Is there anyone who can verify it in the light of Quranic verses and sayings of the Holy Prophet(PBUH)?

Reaction score
I think it's alright to offer Christmas Greetings to Non-Muslims.
It's their tradition, and we should respect it.
Do u think AGREEING to their celebration is alright? Do u agree to the claim that Jesus is son of god? Do u believe he was born in winter on "THAT" day?? (he was born, there were some palm trees shaken for dates... Dates come in SUMMER, remember this story??)
The Imam on Friday in the masjid said: If u wish them on THAT day then, you agree with whatever they believe in and u have no problem with it!!

Reaction score
Aoa everyone. I was wondering if anyone has something to say regarding the Christmas and it's celebration with regard to Islam. Our religon teaches us to be good to every human being no matter what religion he follows. To be more specific, is it acceptable to offer Christmas greetings to the non-muslims? There are different views about it. Is there anyone who can verify it in the light of Quranic verses and sayings of the Holy Prophet(PBUH)?
u shud respect their festival
like if a non-muslim is happy or performing his/her celebrations of Christmas, u shud not put any hindrance in it or stop him for doing it or mock him
in other words, dont interfere in their celebrations. This has been proven by the Prophet (S.A.W)'s examples during his lifetime
nows about greeting, do not greet anyone Christmas or indulge in other such greetings. rather, when someone greets u, simply reply back, ''Enjoy ur Chirstmas'' or have a good day.etc

Reaction score
like if a non-muslim is happy or performing his/her celebrations of Christmas, u shud not put any hindrance in it or stop him for doing it or mock him
in other words, dont interfere in their celebrations. This has been proven by the Prophet (S.A.W)'s examples during his lifetime
nows about greeting, do not greet anyone Christmas or indulge in other such greetings. rather, when someone greets u, simply reply back, ''Enjoy ur Chirstmas'' or have a good day.etc

''Enjoy your Christmas'' is the same as ''Merry Christmas'' :p

Merry means 'Happy'!

Reaction score
''Enjoy your Christmas'' is the same as ''Merry Christmas'' :p

Merry means 'Happy'!
A friend of mine came up with the same thing that we should say anything else instead of 'Marry Christmas' but I mean that's just the same. :confused:

Reaction score
A friend of mine came up with the same thing that we should say anything else instead of 'Marry Christmas' but I mean that's just the same. :confused:

There is nothing wrong with saying ''Merry Christmas''.. it just means ''Have a good Christmas, go enjoy your event/holiday which i don't believe in, but you do so i am respecting your traditions by saying this''.

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with saying ''Merry Christmas''.. it just means ''Have a good Christmas, go enjoy your event/holiday which i don't believe in, but you do so i am respecting your traditions by saying this''.
So this is your personal opinion? There must be something more than this. It isn't possible that there is no guidance regarding this matter by the Quran or Sunnah or anything.

Reaction score
So this is your personal opinion? There must be something more than this. It isn't possible that there is no guidance regarding this matter by the Quran or Sunnah or anything.

Well, yes. This is what common sense dictates. Not saying anything, or saying ''Have a bad Christmas'' to Non-Muslim friends would be downright rude.
What else should one say? Other things like ''Have a good Christmas'', ''Enjoy your Christmas'' mean the same thing.
Saying ''Merry Christmas'' does not mean we are accepting their beliefs or anything. It's just that we are respecting their traditions.
Again, this is my opinion.

I'll look it up, though.

Reaction score
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) i agree!

Reaction score
I think it's alright to offer Christmas Greetings to Non-Muslims.
It's their tradition, and we should respect it.
AoA. wr wb. Have a look at this Please.
http://islamqa.info/en/947
http://islamqa.info/en/21694

http://islamqa.info/en/81977

@funky brat Have a look at the above links. I hope it helps.

Reaction score
Do u think AGREEING to their celebration is alright? Do u agree to the claim that Jesus is son of god? Do u believe he was born in winter on "THAT" day?? (he was born, there were some palm trees shaken for dates... Dates come in SUMMER, remember this story??)
The Imam on Friday in the masjid said: If u wish them on THAT day then, you agree with whatever they believe in and u have no problem with it!!
Every Christians do not believe that Jesus is son of God.

Reaction score
:eek:
I mean, that's what they believe?!
No , some christian groups don't believe that jesus is god!! They consider him only as messenger of god. The christian groups that don't believe in trinity are Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Christadelphians, Unitarians and Christian Scientists. These people don't celebrate christmas!