• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islam and Christmas

Reaction score
Galactic you know better now.
Perfect yourself before saying something to others. That is all im going to say now.
Im done arguing on this topic.
I had fun, though. :)
Allah Hafiz.

Reaction score
Galactic you know better now.
Perfect yourself before saying something to others. That is all im going to say now.
Im done arguing on this topic.
I had fun, though. :)
Allah Hafiz.
Well if I did something wrong, why not tell me ?? I have no problem with criticism! :) is it about me celebrating birthdays as a kid?? :cool:

Reaction score
Well if I did something wrong, why not tell me ?? I have no problem with criticism! :) is it about me celebrating birthdays as a kid?? :cool:
No sweety, the thing is youre 17. Youre just here cos you wanted to prove me wrong one way or the other. And look where that led you. You obviously do celebrate your birthday. And you obviously wish others 'Happy Birthday'.
Like I said, perfect yourself first. :)

Reaction score
No sweety, the thing is youre 17. Youre just here cos you wanted to prove me wrong one way or the other. And look where that led you. You obviously do celebrate your birthday. And you obviously wish others 'Happy Birthday'.
Like I said, perfect yourself first. :)
Ohh well, I got nothing to prove to anyone!! The one who really matters..... Allah (SWT) knows whether i lied or not, right?? That's enough for me. :) Oh, and remind me not to write my age when I have to fill any kind of forms coz OBVIOUSLY i don't celebrate birthdays and mentioning my age means totally the opposite!! :p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes:
And i was just giving some advice, whom am I to PROVE anyone wrong!! :)

Reaction score
Ohh well, I got nothing to prove to anyone!! The one who really matters..... Allah (SWT) knows whether i lied or not, right?? That's enough for me. :) Oh, and remind me not to write my age when I have to fill any kind of forms coz OBVIOUSLY i don't celebrate birthdays and mentioning my age means totally the opposite!! :p:p:rolleyes::rolleyes:
And i was just giving some advice, whom am I to PROVE anyone wrong!! :)

Yes, if thats the case, you have nothing to worry about. :)
No, I didnt look at your age and say that you celebrate your birthday. And you do wish others 'Happy Birthday', dont you?
Advice is given once. You could've let this thing go in the beginning, so obviously it isnt 'just' advice anymore. :)

Reaction score
Yes, if thats the case, you have nothing to worry about. :)
No, I didnt look at your age and say that you celebrate your birthday. And you do wish others 'Happy Birthday', dont you?
Advice is given once. You could've let this thing go in the beginning, so obviously it isnt 'just' advice anymore. :)
Nope , actually!! I don't wish others either!! Why would i when I don't celebrate my own?? :cool::rolleyes:

Reaction score
Nope , actually!! I don't wish others either!! Why would i when I don't celebrate my own?? :cool::rolleyes:
Allah is watching us all. He knows who is lying. You cant hide from him. Neither can I. Or anyone else for that matter. For he is All-Knowing.
Im done here now. Do not drag me back. I've wasted alot of time here as it is.
Bless you. Allah Hafiz.

Reaction score
Allah is watching us all. He knows who is lying. You cant hide from him. Neither can I. Or anyone else for that matter. For he is All-Knowing.
Im done here now. Do not drag me back. I've wasted alot of time here as it is.
Bless you. Allah Hafiz.
Yup , you're right about the lying part!! :) Asalam o alaikum

Reaction score
And if you want you can do ISTIKHARA any time!! you know asking Allah(SWT) whether this is right or wrong. And even if it seems like a trivial matter, there is no harm in asking God about it!! :)After all who can guide us better than him!! :)

Galactic istikhara is to be done when we have to make a choice matters and things that are Mubah (things if done or not will not be a good or bad deed) . Such as I have to make a choice whether I should buy a BMW or a Merc. Not in matters such as Christmas which is explicitly deemed haram by Allah and His messenger :)

Yes, I do know how Istikhara's work. But the problem is I dont know how to do it.
If he never celebrated birthdays, why do muslims celebrate it? I mean, people should perfect themselves before talking about others, no?

See muslims are not our yardstick to prove something is right or wrong. Our only yardstick is the Prophet and his Sunnah............

Reaction score
Yes, you're right. Its BETTER not to celebrate birthdays coz the Prophet(SAW) never celebrated birthdays either. However this is NOT a religious issue so even if people celebrate birthdays it is actually no big deal. :) But People go around celebrating the Prophet's birthday as a religious day whereas we have only 2 occasions........ Eid-ul-Fitr and Eid-ul-Adha. So THIS is invention in religion and is wrong.
TheZodiac Remember something that contradicts religion is wrong but there is DEFINITELY No harm in adapting to the world. :) The Prophet(SAW) didn't use smart phones or refrigerators or any of the facilities we have now but that doesn't mean we go around saying " The Prophet didn't use them so I won't use them either!!" That's just plain stupid!! :p;) Using the Georgian Calendar doesn't contradict religion. :)
It actually means you're contradicting religion. :p Georgian calender states the time before birth of Jesus and after his death, and as muslims, we believe that he was taken up into heavens by Allah, isn't it? But Christians and the jews believe that he was 'Nauzobillah' crucified. Now if we use Georgian Calender, we're agreeing that he was crucified (Nazuobillah). That is just my point. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
It actually means you're contradicting religion. :p Georgian calender states the time before birth of Jesus and after his death, and as muslims, we believe that he was taken up into heavens by Allah, isn't it? But Christians and the jews believe that he was 'Nauzobillah' crucified. Now if we use Georgian Calender, we're agree that he was crucified (Nazuobillah). That is just my point. :)
Really???? I didn't know that. Well this IS weird!! Yeah , you have a point there!! :)

Reaction score
Typical!!!:p:p Choice between BMW or a Merc!!! :ROFLMAO::D Yeah , I suppose you are right about Istikhara, though. Thanks abdxyz

Reaction score
i know about BC and AD but i didn't actually connect these things.
Do watch the series called, 'The Arrivals'. It's Amazing and informative. It'd tell you how this world is preparing for the arrival of anti-christ or so-called, 'Dajjal'.

P.S: I'm sorry if my words offended you, I just wanted to present my point of view.

Reaction score
Do watch the series called, 'The Arrivals'. It's Amazing and informative. It'd tell you how this world is preparing for the arrival of anti-christ or so-called, 'Dajjal'.

P.S: I'm sorry if my words offended you, I just wanted to present my point of view.
If using refrigerators and cell phones is adapting to this world, how is using Gregorian calender any different? Niyat matters.

Did you people watch how the TV news channels proudly presented the areas where the people were celebrating and cutting cakes because of 12th Rabi-ul-awwal? Where is the muslim world headed to?! The Prophet (S.A.W.) himself never celebrated ANYONE'S birthday. Who are we to celebrate his? This is just people trying to show of that they are "good" muslims. Just wanted to let this out and tell you guys to not be one of them. Show your interest in your religion by practicing it everyday, NOT by celebrating one specific day.

Reaction score
Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: You would tread the same path as was trodden by those before you inch by inch and step by step so much so that if they had entered into the hole of the lizard, you would follow them in this also. We said: Allah's Messenger, do you mean Jews and Christians (by your words)" those before you"? He said: Who else (than those two religious groups)?
Muslim :: Book 34 : Hadith 6448

Christians celebrate Christmas............. and here people celebrate Eid-milad.. (O yeah the prophet was very right!!! )