• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Islamiat Paper P2 Discussion (Post-Paper)

How was your islamiat paper?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Remember first compilers didn,t take authencity of Ahadiths under consideration ........in 240,s and beyong Bukhari and the coming generation conceived the idea of maintaing authencity....consider muawatta of imam malik was not authoritative or imam hanbals....it was not coz they musnads but they were .......u know doubts
However,the authencity may be credited and just may be credited coz compilation did not ensure authentic collection but rather rigorous btw links of transmitters and Ahadiths were the actual "things" tht authenticated them........
I wrote tht 1....felt the need to compile coz could not remain in oral form.....preserved in writing2.....companions would eventually die and no one to transmit new reports and in the better way the companions had...3.....exclusively the property of teachers who had to write them down despite of their amazing memory
4.......owing to vast literature and new issues arising like the expansion in other territories there needed to be guidance and an authoritative collection in one place i.e books so tht authoritative system of law ,final in nature, could be made.this served later muslim scholars like imam abu hanifa,e.t.c

i think authenticity is valid cuz the ques said " early Muslims" and didnt specify the dates of the centuries like 100-200 Ah,etc so i think its perfectly write.. plus i also wrote that compilers realized that hadis cannot be kept in memories alone, that compiling them would make it easier for Muslims to follow Islamic teachings...that if they didnt compile, ahadis might become mixed up resulting in disputes among Muslims... they also realized that they need tocompile hadis so future Muslims can solve challenging issues of their times be reffering to it.. lastly Prophet(SAW) himself encouraged them to do so , so they took it as their duty:"Preach What you hear me say...".

Reaction score
i think authenticity is valid cuz the ques said " early Muslims" and didnt specify the dates of the centuries like 100-200 Ah,etc so i think its perfectly write.. plus i also wrote that compilers realized that hadis cannot be kept in memories alone, that compiling them would make it easier for Muslims to follow Islamic teachings...that if they didnt compile, ahadis might become mixed up resulting in disputes among Muslims... they also realized that they need tocompile hadis so future Muslims can solve challenging issues of their times be reffering to it.. lastly Prophet(SAW) himself encouraged them to do so , so they took it as their duty:"Preach What you hear me say...".
am not talking abt the time...didnt u read....early compilers like imam hanbal did compile Ahadiths but why its not tht authoritative.its coz probably the Ahadiths were doubtful...u cant say they not useful for legal purposes coz i mean c,mon he compiled 27,000 Ahadths.....Authentication and compilation are quite diff entities .....Imam Bukhari(Rahmat ullah alaihi) was the first to conceive of such idea to make an authoritative collection and authentic collection...this is where u might be credited.....i mentioned it in the last point (4)/the need for authoritative compilation,Bukhari to first conceive of such idea (completely) to ensure authentic Ahadiths

Reaction score
Compilation and authencity are diff entities unless u make a link between them....u can then be credited there

well even if authenticity is irrevelant i still believe ill get full marks becuz i wrote 4 other points (1 page for ans).. so no worries bro

Reaction score
but people like bukhari compiled specifically the "Sahih" for that purpose
so no need to even link that i think
yes he was the one to first conceive of tht idea,completely, and yeah now tht u have conveyed ...u can make a link or not ...it is valid....u r right..