• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

January examz ahead !! you ready ??

Reaction score
um.. could anyone help?View attachment 19996

It's B because the compound is in Group 2 and therefore can only lose 2 electrons to chlorine. The element is most likely to be Magnesium. therefore the charge of the Ion is X+2.

The element is in group 2 because the first two electrons have similar ionization energy. The third Ionization energy is more than double of the 2nd ionization energy because electron is removed from another shell.

Reaction score

The question is not clear but based on what I am seeing , the answer will be D . A is obviously wrong because alkane do not exhibit E/Z isomerism. For a compound to exhibit E/Z isomerism , it must have a C=C ( double) bond and the group with the highest priority can either be on the same side( horizontally or vertically) or on opposite side.

Reaction score
Question 9 Is D because Flourine has the least electronegativity among the given Halogen. This part is a little bit beyond (This is because it has a small charge with a very large atomic size and will easily be polarize by a cation. )
what about this q ............unit 1 chemistry as-level june 2010 number 8

Reaction score
what about this q ............unit 1 chemistry as-level june 2010 number 8

Moles = mass/ molar mass

sample------------------ Helium --------- Neon
Mass of sample----------4g --------------4g
Molar mass--------------4g/mol --------20.2g/mol
Mole ---------------------4/4------------ 4/20.2
----------------------------1 ----------------0.2

Divide by smallest-------- 1/0.2--------- 0.2/0.2

Ratio-------------------------------- 5 : 1

The answer is D

Reaction score
i s
Moles = mass/ molar mass

sample------------------ Helium --------- Neon
Mass of sample----------4g --------------4g
Molar mass--------------4g/mol --------20.2g/mol
Mole ---------------------4/4------------ 4/20.2
----------------------------1 ----------------0.2

Divide by smallest-------- 1/0.2--------- 0.2/0.2

Ratio-------------------------------- 5 : 1

The answer is D
i see......... i've got another question thats bugging me. Whenever they ask us to find the number of ions present in a molecule or number of MOLES OF IONS i get confused... mind you explain it to me?

Reaction score
i s
i see......... i've got another question thats bugging me. Whenever they ask us to find the number of ions present in a molecule or number of MOLES OF IONS i get confused... mind you explain it to me?

For that question first work out the moles depending on the type given ( mass/mr, conc. X volume and Volume/24dm3(24000cm3)).... then find the ratio of the ions in the compound given.
Note the Ions in a compound means the original ratio of Ions in the reactants. E.g H2SO4 = H(+1) and SO4(2-)...ie H is 1 and SO4 is 2 (1:2)
When you get the ratio, Multiple the value by moles x 6.02 x 10^23 ....

Reaction score
For that question first work out the moles depending on the type given ( mass/mr, conc. X volume and Volume/24dm3(24000cm3)).... the find the ratio of the ions in the compound given.
Note the Ions in a compound means the original ratio of Ions in the reactants. E.g H2SO4 = H(+1) and SO4(2-)...ie H is 1 and SO4 is 2 (1:2)
When you get the ratio, Multiple the value by moles x 6.02 x 10^23 ....
is this for number of moles of ions?

Reaction score
Can anyone please send me questions related to physics unit 1. And obviously related to edexcel gce a level. :)

Reaction score
I have physics exam on jan. But I have a problem that I solved all the old and new exams including jan 2012, june 2012, specimen 2013, so what else should I solve.

Reaction score
Please guys I need a help my last exam I got overall 86% its too bad and I need more practice on new specimen questions and its only 6 days to the exam

Reaction score
Please guys I need a help my last exam I got overall 86% its too bad and I need more practice on new specimen questions and its only 6 days to the exam

lol 86% is too bad :) In that case 100% will certainly be too bad :p.......................N--d

Reaction score
86 in home = 60% in exam
Don't stress yourself. Relax, take a break, and make sure you know the material clearly. Normally, if you solved all the years you will notice a pattern of questions. This way you exposed yourself to the same type of questions all over again. Overall, i'm sure you'll do fine :)

Reaction score
Don't stress yourself. Relax, take a break, and make sure you know the material clearly. Normally, if you solved all the years you will notice a pattern of questions. This way you exposed yourself to the same type of questions all over again. Overall, i'm sure you'll do fine :)
Thanks for your help and cheer, I hope so :)