• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Just solved Physics P6

Reaction score
I know.. I was telling you that I did the same calculations...
I really hope its the correct answer :/

But We'v Included The Volume Of The Bulb :(
Which Might Be Wrong :(
Seriously If They Cut The Whole 3marks Id Suicide :(

What Was The Previous Answer Of Da Same Question ??

I Wrote , Because The Lowest Temperature Is Below Zero
And The One Before It , I Wrote " The Line Didnt Start From Origin"

What About u?

Reaction score
But We'v Included The Volume Of The Bulb :(
Which Might Be Wrong :(
Seriously If They Cut The Whole 3marks Id Suicide :(

What Was The Previous Answer Of Da Same Question ??

I Wrote , Because The Lowest Temperature Is Below Zero
And The One Before It , I Wrote " The Line Didnt Start From Origin"

What About u?

I wrote the same thing and because the bulb was taken into account while measuring distance
and the straight line didnt pass through origin

Reaction score
My Answers Were
First Question-------> (a) Taking Measurements By Ruler ( Dont Remember The Values Exactly)
(b) 19
(c) I Did It Wrong :p
(d) Yes , Values Are Within The Limits Of Experimental Accuracy , As They Are Close To Each Other
Second Question----->(a) Coloumn Headings
(b) Distance , 1st Was 11.9 Last 9.9 (c)Line Didnt Start From Origin
(d)Because The Lowest Temperature Is Below Zero
(e)0.16 :(
Third Question-------->(a) Complete The Table And Coloum Headings
(b) Plot The Graph
(c) Gradient 0.33
Fourth Question------>After Doing All The Instuctions , One Will Be 6.1 Other Is 6.3 ,
Statement Is Yes As Values Are Within The Limits Of Accuracy
Fifth Question--------->(A)He Used Many Mass For More Accurate Result By Getting Their Average (Not Sure About IT)
Average Was 30 After Adding All The Result And Divide Them By 5
-Difficulty In Placing The Centre Of Load X On 90.0CM Mark
-Solution Is , Mark The Centre At The Bottom Of Load X , And Place It Exactly Over 90.0cm By Making The Line Of Sight Normal To The 90.0cm Mark

What About Yours ?

Reaction score
What is up you guys, I found that question really easy.

measure the distance between 2 points using your ruler, i measured between 10 and 20, got 1 cm.
10->20 is 10 degrees, i want one degree so i divide the 1 cm by 10
giving me 0.1 cm for each degree

[1] for the measurement (give evidence that you did that on your paper, either write it or draw a line of the distance you measured on the thermometer)
[1] for the 1/10=0.1 calculation
[1] for writing the unit, "cm"

I think that's how it was. Anyone care to tell me what was the last question with the ruler, what was the complication and how do we avoid it? I said the ruler might slip off the pivot and we could fix that by adding a small load above the centre of mass of the ruler and the pivot. any hope of that being correct?

Reaction score
What is up you guys, I found that question really easy.

measure the distance between 2 points using your ruler, i measured between 10 and 20, got 1 cm.
10->20 is 10 degrees, i want one degree so i divide the 1 cm by 10
giving me 0.1 cm for each degree

[1] for the measurement (give evidence that you did that on your paper, either write it or draw a line of the distance you measured on the thermometer)
[1] for the 1/10=0.1 calculation
[1] for writing the unit, "cm"

I think that's how it was. Anyone care to tell me what was the last question with the ruler, what was the complication and how do we avoid it? I said the ruler might slip off the pivot and we could fix that by adding a small load above the centre of mass of the ruler and the pivot. any hope of that being correct?

I Wrote
-Solution Is , Mark The Centre At The Bottom Of Load X , And Place It Exactly Over 90.0cm By Making The Line Of Sight Normal To The 90.0cm Mark
is it correct ?

Reaction score
ITS 0.1 WHEN YOU GET FOR EXAMPLE FROM 0 C TO 80 WAS FORM EXAMPLE 11.5 THEN FOR 1 C HOW MUCH THE YOU REPEAT WITH ON OTHER MEASRUMENT AND TAKE AN AVERAGE !!!!! THAT'S ALLL

Reaction score
My Answers Were
First Question-------> (a) Taking Measurements By Ruler ( Dont Remember The Values Exactly)
(b) 19
(c) I Did It Wrong :p
(d) Yes , Values Are Within The Limits Of Experimental Accuracy , As They Are Close To Each Other
Second Question----->(a) Coloumn Headings
(b) Distance , 1st Was 11.9 Last 9.9 (c)Line Didnt Start From Origin
(d)Because The Lowest Temperature Is Below Zero
(e)0.16 :(
Third Question-------->(a) Complete The Table And Coloum Headings
(b) Plot The Graph
(c) Gradient 0.33
Fourth Question------>After Doing All The Instuctions , One Will Be 6.1 Other Is 6.3 ,
Statement Is Yes As Values Are Within The Limits Of Accuracy
Fifth Question--------->(A)He Used Many Mass For More Accurate Result By Getting Their Average (Not Sure About IT)
Average Was 30 After Adding All The Result And Divide Them By 5

What About Yours ?

The gradient was 0.33
fourth question I did the same thing
fifth question-----> to take average because average reduce error and uncertainty and increase accuracy of the mass value
The average was 30 yes, but after approximating the values
difficulty: difficulty in placing the the load X on its center of mass on 90 cm mark
Solution: Measure half width of load X on each side at 90cm mark and mark center of mass and I drew a diagram..

Reaction score
The gradient was 0.33
fourth question I did the same thing
fifth question-----> to take average because average reduce error and uncertainty and increase accuracy of the mass value
The average was 30 yes, but after approximating the values
difficulty: difficulty in placing the the load X on its center of mass on 90 cm mark
Solution: Measure half width of load X on each side at 90cm mark and mark center of mass and I drew a diagram..

our answers are almost same btw :p
we wrote the same difficulty but our solution were different . but i guess we both are correct ryt ??
ur answer and my answer are sensible

Reaction score
i wrote for the practical peoblem that ruler may bend after putting masses and as a solution u can wait for the ruler to balance before taking readings

Reaction score
so he wont accpet 30 without writing 0.00 :( ?
FML
who said he won't accept it actually i am not sure of my answer and the even if it was wrong i is 1 mark only
but the experimental problem was that the ruler may bend after putting masses correct
solution:wait for ruler to balance then take readings

Reaction score
Mine Was 0.16
When Temperature Was 80C Distance Was 11.9
If It Is 1C
Then We Will Do Cross Multiply
(11.9*1)/80
You Will Get An Answer Between 0.15~0.17
Just Do The Same Procedure Several Times (Around 3) With Different Readings From The Table
And Get The Mean
And It Was 0.16
I Aint Sure Btw
But Howcome Its 0.1??
Even If You Tried To Measure It By The Ruler
Its More Than 1mm/0.1cm
!!!!!

I got it 0.16 by the same way. but then i used my ruler it was 0.1 so i was like.. hmm idc about calculations and wrote it 0.1 but kept the steps with o.16 xDD

Reaction score
please tell me if correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

who said he won't accept it actually i am not sure of my answer and the even if it was wrong i is 1 mark only
but the experimental problem was that the ruler may bend after putting masses correct
solution:wait for ruler to balance then take readings

About the difficulty and the solution , there will be no specific answer!!
lots of possibilities might be given , and i hope that mine and yours might be one of them :)
and the average is 30 for sure but i didnt write it as 30.00 :(

Reaction score
Mine Was 0.16
When Temperature Was 80C Distance Was 11.9
If It Is 1C
Then We Will Do Cross Multiply
(11.9*1)/80
You Will Get An Answer Between 0.15~0.17
Just Do The Same Procedure Several Times (Around 3) With Different Readings From The Table
And Get The Mean
And It Was 0.16
I Aint Sure Btw
But Howcome Its 0.1??
Even If You Tried To Measure It By The Ruler
Its More Than 1mm/0.1cm
!!!!!

I got same answer but 4 significant figures 0.159 ,, i toke the average value of distance and as i remember it was 10.6 cm ,, i then measure the 10.6 cm equal how much degree Celsius from the diagram and then cross multiplication to find the answer ,, :)