• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Lets Get Started (SAT Version)

Reaction score
Try solving these. I got both right.

1. Cosmologist Martin Rees has cautioned that our present satisfaction with the big bang explanation for the creation of the universe may reflect the ——- of the data rather than the ——- of the theory.

A) paucity . . validity
B) genius . . accuracy
C) relevance . . scope
D) destruction . . core
E) persuasiveness . . reality​

2. Apparently the groom was very nervous: one moment he would be ——-, rambling on to his best man about silly, meaningless things, and then abruptly he would turn ——- and could not be prompted to say anything

A) garrulous . . reticent
B) grandiose . . taciturn
C) vociferous . . effusive
D) melodious . . timorous
E) munificent . . utilitarian​
1 is C, I guess.
2 is A, I didn't even check the other options. :p
Edit: 1 was tricky. :p

Reaction score
-_______________________________________________________________-

It's not really my fault you haven't heard of these words before. Hey, you are the guy who reads. I have barely read novels in my life.

Reaction score
u guys are talkin about sat 1??right?
i am too registering for jan,
now a days ,i am giving my as papers,that will finish on 18 nov,then will start preparing for sat!
please do guide me!i bought sat1 BARRONS BOOK,!
which book is better princeton or college board. i hav also heard about mc graw hill sat 1 book?
which is the best amongst these??

Reaction score
Thanks a lot bro.Are you sure these are right.A bit explanation might help ^^
For the first transfer ..there r nine paths and for the second there r 8 as the team cant give it to themselves and the previous team leaving 8 paths for 2nd and same goes with 3rd as the team cant give it to themselves and the preceding so it becomes 9*8^n-1 ...why n-1 as 9 counts as 1st transfer and 8 counts as second in tht it wud be 9*8^1 not 9*8^2 hence we subtract 1 from n
2) there r 9*8^2 paths in 3 transfers... for the team to receive it on 3 rd transfer ...the 1s tranfer can take 8 paths(i.e excluding smarty pants and dunce) 2nd transfer it includes 7 (i.e excluding themselves,smarty pant(i.e the team they received it from) and dunce) and 3rd tranfer has 1 path namely dunce so we have 8*7*1 paths so prob=8*7/9*8^2 =7/72
3) there r 9*8^2 pathways ...For smarty pants to receive them the 1st transfer can take 9 paths as smarty pant is already excluded ..2nd transfer takes 8 path as the team itself cant be chosen and smarty pant is already not chosen hence there r 8 paths and finally 3rd transfer has 1 path for smarty pants ..so we have 9*8*1 paths prob=9*8/9*8^2=1/8