• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Lets Get Started

Reaction score
During landing an aircraft a speed changes to zero. Explain how momentum is conserved in the complete landing process?

Reaction score
use the defination of acceleration to explain why the velocity of a body may be i different direction from its acceleration?

Reaction score
Well u do know tht option C and D r out of the way as the value of a wud decrease over time.I think this question refers to the happenings on the latch at an instant.For example we know tht at the release pt,where spring is most compressed,instantaneous force is most and as the spring stretches,the instantaneous force exerted at any following instants wud be less than the instantaneous force exerted at a previous instant.Hence,due to instantaneous force decreasing with increase in x,the instantaneous acceleration wud also decrease and this shows up in the 2 graphs(A and B).Now abt the proportionate and non proportionate part:U do know tht if force is increased by constant factor(i.e weight on suspended spring is doubled(or any other factor like tripled,quadrupled,halved)) on a suspended spring it will stretch/increase in length with same factor(wight is doubled then so is the length) hence we can consider the fact tht when it,it released from its compression state,it will exert a force which will be instantaneously decreasing(tht i have explained before) but also tht the force exerted will decrease at a proportionate rate in consideration of the proportionate decrease in length.Since force decrease at a constant rate,the value of a also decreases at a constant rate...

Reaction score
use the defination of acceleration to explain why the velocity of a body may be i different direction from its acceleration?
Acceleration is change in velocity per unit time..
Case 1 :If velocity is decreasing then acceleration is at opposite side of the velocity..Case 2:When turning a corner(circulr arc) at constant speed .Instantaneous velocity is tangent to circular arc and acceleration is towards the center e.t.c

Reaction score
Well u do know tht option C and D r out of the way as the value of a wud decrease over time.I think this question refers to the happenings on the latch at an instant.For example we know tht at the release pt,where spring is most compressed,instantaneous force is most and as the spring stretches,the instantaneous force exerted at any following instants wud be less than the instantaneous force exerted at a previous instant.Hence,due to instantaneous force decreasing with increase in x,the instantaneous acceleration wud also decrease and this shows up in the 2 graphs(A and B).Now abt the proportionate and non proportionate part:U do know tht if force is increased by constant factor(i.e weight on suspended spring is doubled(or any other factor like tripled,quadrupled,halved)) on a suspended spring it will stretch/increase in length with same factor(wight is doubled then so is the length) hence we can consider the fact tht when it,it released from its compression state,it will exert a force which will be instantaneously decreasing(tht i have explained before) but also tht the force exerted will decrease at a proportionate rate in consideration of the proportionate decrease in length.Since force decrease at a constant rate,the value of a also decreases at a constant rate...
so tht means the answer is a right?

Reaction score
no i just had a hunch ....
I think it,s B as 100 -20 =80 N downwards on right hand side..So to pull at 50 rev/s in opposite dir which means at 15m/s(circumference times rev) wud give power as Force *velocity i.e 80*15 =1.2kW