• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Lets wrap up Islamiat Paper: you have doubts post them and get the solutions

Reaction score
can u explain me how brages work n also diference in their lenght n tht of dams

Both the dam and barrage are barriers constructed across a river or natural water course for diverting water into a canal mainly for purposes of irrigation, water supply etc. or into a channel or a tunnel for generation of power.
In case of a barrage, its entire length across the river i.e. between the banks is provided with gates having their bottom sill near the river bed level. Thus, the storage behind the barrage is solely created by the height of the gates.
The dam on the other hand has spillway gates almost near its top level and the storage behind the dam is mainly due to the height of concrete structure and partially due to the gate height.
In both the cases, however, the number and size of gates is adequate to pass the design flood during monsoons.

for brages attached file read it and get the concept

Attachments

• mbp.pdf
    46.2 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
first batch 15 and second batch above 100
In FNM it is written
1st: 7 men and 4 women (including Hazrat usman and hazrat ruqqayya)
2nd:79 men and 7 women (including Hazrat Jafar)

If we write this in the paper will it be considered correct?

Reaction score
In FNM it is written
1st: 7 men and 4 women (including Hazrat usman and hazrat ruqqayya)
2nd:79 men and 7 women (including Hazrat Jafar)

If we write this in the paper will it be considered correct?
I'm also confused abt the same thing! the stastistics r different in each book

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the question in our CIE's about the background of Surah Kausar and Surah Ikhlas ?
Question 2 of Paper 1. (May/2013)

I cant find the question paper in the past papers :unsure:

Reaction score
WHTA DOES THE DEATH OF H.UMAR TELL US ABOUT HIS CHARACTER? (4)

He was Killed by a slave called Abu Lu'Lua Al-Feroz (Some say it was his slave other say it was, some of his governor's slave... Both are correct and acceptable by Examiner.)
The Slave did so because Umar refused to exempt him from a certain tax. (i.e Umar was not ready to favor his slave and exempt him from a tax which others were paying. = He was fair.)
It was Umar's scrupulous sense of fairness that was the reason for his refusal to give preferential treatment to his slave despite his relationship with him> this led to his assassination.

Reaction score
He Killed by a slave called Abu Lu'Lua Al-Feroz (Some say it was his slave other say it was, some of his governor's slave... Both are correct and acceptable by Examiner.)
The Slave did so because Umar refused to exempt him from a certain tax. (i.e Umar was not ready to favor his slave and exempt him from a tax which others were paying. = He was fair.)
It was Umar's scrupulous sense of fairness that was the reason for his refusal to give preferential treatment to his slave despite his relationship with him> this led to his assassination.
CAN WE ALSO write tht it shows he kept no gaurd... n sumthin like tht

Reaction score
[10]

(b) Explain why Talha and Zubayr opposed‘Ali. [4]
This is a complete answer:
Talha and Zubair's opposition of Hazrat Ali started from their disagreement over Ali's reaction to the Assassins of Usman. They wanted Ali to take immediate step against the assassins of Usman. They thought, punishing Usman's murders was a just action and Ali was wrong not to do so. On the other hand Ali could not take action against the law breakers because he, himself was not in a secure position. Talha and Zubair were not ready to accept the delay thus opposed him and fought against him in the battle of Camel.