• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

LUMS fall 2014 decisions!

Reaction score
Hey I had to ask u guys that if I get an E in maths..and manage to get grades above than BBC in my three other principal subjects. ..phys chem bio... will I be eligible for lums c.s or so? I asked them..they said the best three will be considered. ... but my mom's colleague was like they'll ask for an improvement or so... so I should start preparing for a retake but tbh I'm sick of it now... I don't want to give a retake again :(

Reaction score
Hey I had to ask u guys that if I get an E in maths..and manage to get grades above than BBC in my three other principal subjects. ..phys chem bio... will I be eligible for lums c.s or so? I asked them..they said the best three will be considered. ... but my mom's colleague was like they'll ask for an improvement or so... so I should start preparing for a retake but tbh I'm sick of it now... I don't want to give a retake again :(
best three ;)

from lums web

"The principal subjects for SBASSE are Biology, Chemistry, Computing, Mathematics, Further Mathematics and Physics"

any combination of these three will do(y)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Quite irked by LUMS' nonchalance regarding the admissions' process. I know I don't stand the best of chances due to my A' Level grades (BBCDE), but I had 3A*'s, 4 A's and a B in my O' Levels and have several extra-curriculars to my credit (Debating Society President throughout O' Levels, won two national essay competitions, regular MUN-ner) and I think it's high time we were told whether or not we made it. Alhamdulilah I haven't been rejected yet, but as it is I took two gap years due to family issues and I'd really like to know where I stand so I can start looking into other options if I haven't made it in. As it is, nobody knows the LUMS' criteria for granting or rejecting admissions and that adds to the suspense. It's quite unfair that just because LUMS is one of the best universities in Pakistan it feels like it can treat applicants in a demeaning manner.

Reaction score
i think its awesome that they dont have criteria lyk other universities... as last year i used to come back home n desperately suss out my mcqs sheet and endup with broken heart due to unlimited wrong answers... i didnt secure demanding grades for universities lyk lums but i do hope due to their criteria that i can get through InshaAllah

Reaction score
i think its awesome that they dont have criteria lyk other universities... as last year i used to come back home n desperately suss out my mcqs sheet and endup with broken heart due to unlimited wrong answers... i didnt secure demanding grades for universities lyk lums but i do hope due to their criteria that i can get through InshaAllah

Knowing a university's criteria for admissions is key to making the right moves to secure a place there. People who know what universities like King's College, UCL, or even IBA, etc require of an applicant work towards it from the start. With LUMS, however, you never know whether they're going to look at your grades this year or your extra curriculars, just your LCAT, or all of the aforementioned things in conjunction.

Reaction score
but we cant deny the fact that they chose the bests :) no matter which thing they consider..

Actually, the quality of their intake has decreased significantly over the past few years. No disrespect intended to anyone who got in this year. I'm sure you all deserve your acceptances. But my cousin who graduated from LUMS back in 2006 visited LUMS this year to recruit graduating students for Engro Polymer. He was appalled at the quality of students there, and had a very detailed discussion about it with the Board of Directors later.
Perhaps that's why they're being extra careful this year. :p

And I agree with you, those who've got it all down and still don't get in probably have a better fate in store.

Reaction score
Actually, the quality of their intake has decreased significantly over the past few years. No disrespect intended to anyone who got in this year. I'm sure you all deserve your acceptances. But my cousin who graduated from LUMS back in 2006 visited LUMS this year to recruit graduating students for Engro Polymer. He was appalled at the quality of students there, and had a very detailed discussion about it with the Board of Directors later.
Perhaps that's why they're being extra careful this year. :p

And I agree with you, those who've got it all down and still don't get in probably have a better fate in store.
lol so your czn is the culprit... hey guys out there still waiting for lums' response.... ATTACK.... :D