• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
i think you should revise first and when you are confident that you know everything...do "atleast" 2 or 3 "recent" papers...on YOUR own...first do it and then check it with the mark scheme so that you know where do you make mistakes and Inshallah you will avoid them in the exam :)

ok that's helpful but i'm never sure that i knw everything even if i really do :D
i'll take ur advice thanx alooot :)

Reaction score
OMG IM GUNNA DIE :'( NO I DON'T i still dont understand why you would subtract when its already stated that it should be 99
nope its okie...and listen! its written! "the amount of money he has at the end of 2 years is 99" which means that the TOTAL money is $99...nowhere it is mentioned that $99 is the Interest!

Reaction score
bec. the formula of simple interest only gives the extra money that u will have after the stated time SO when he tell you that he ha 99 after the stated time so the extra is 9 bec he had 90 before saving the money ..... did you get it??

Reaction score
ohhh..... so if like, they gave you two currencies one mentioned that its the total of the other i subtract?? o_O

Reaction score
ohhh..... so if like, they gave you two currencies one mentioned that its the total of the other i subtract?? o_O
only if it's not written that it is the interest OR you have another way to know! like...if the principal that is the amount of money is LESS than the other amount which you "doubt" is interest! cz obviously no bank will you give you more interest than the money you kept in the bank :p

Reaction score
bec. the formula of simple interest only gives the extra money that u will have after the stated time SO when he tell you that he ha 99 after the stated time so the extra is 9 bec he had 90 before saving the money ..... did you get it??
waittt.... major break down, could you state the formula in words... maybe ill understand more

Reaction score
only if it's not written that it is the interest OR you have another way to know! like...if the principal that is the amount of money is LESS than the other amount which you "doubt" is interest! cz obviously no bank will you give you more interest than the money you kept in the bank :p
ohh .. O.O New windows opened... THANK YOU!!!! thanks ........but..let me get it once more, so if i had a principal that is less than the interest.. i subtract.. :O

Reaction score
waittt.... major break down, could you state the formula in words... maybe ill understand more
------------------
interest add=principle amount x ratio x time / 100
so when get the interest add it on the principle amount and u will get the total u have :) ..... got it ??

Reaction score
how can u have principle less than the interest :O .... it is the opposite we always have principle more than the interest or you mean after adding ??
that's what i am saying we can't have!
actually...she isn't able to understand it that's why i said when she "THINKS" that the particular value is interest, she should check whether is the principal less than it or not!
i mean in this case...she thought $99 is the interest..but $99 is greater than the principal ($90) isn't it? it means that it is NOT the interest and she needs to subtract...get it?