• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Can someone me here in question Q 3 b.ii
you need to factorise the numerator and the denominator.
numerator=> 2x^2 +11x+5
=2x^2+10x+x+5
=2x(x+5)+(x+5)
=(2x+1)(x+5)
denominator=>x^2 -25
=(x+5)(x-5)
Now solving=> (2x+1)(x+5)/(x+5)(x-5)
(x+5) gets cancelled being the common factor
so the answer is 2x+1/x-5

Reaction score
Question 1 , (b) .. the apple question.. how to solve ..???

Attachments

• 0580_w11_qp_42.pdf
    231.9 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
can u pllz take a look at this and tell me your opinion (( i just studied those and i don't write any steps to get them ))
aoa wr wb once again :)
well...in my opinion, i think you should know a bit more...cuz transformation isn't juss about this!
do you know to answer when the question is like you have to tell a single transformation with which object 1 maps onto object 2? for instance Q3 c of this paper?
Secondly..do you know the inverse of each of them?

Reaction score
aoa wr wb once again :)
well...in my opinion, i think you should know a bit more...cuz transformation isn't juss about this!
do you know to answer when the question is like you have to tell a single transformation with which object 1 maps onto object 2? for instance Q3 c of this paper?
Secondly..do you know the inverse of each of them?
ok i solved this Q before but let me try it again....... which shape do u mean is 1 and 2 ????

Reaction score
ok i solved this Q before but let me try it again....... which shape do u mean is 1 and 2 ????
i am juss asking generally whether do you know how to solve it? cuz i think there are only 4 things in transformation!
1) Matrices (which you already know)
2) Inverse of each of them
3) knowing how to describe a transformation
and..
4) finding a matrix..

Reaction score
i am juss asking generally whether do you know how to solve it? cuz i think there are only 4 things in transformation!
1) Matrices (which you already know)
2) Inverse of each of them
3) knowing how to describe a transformation
and..
4) finding a matrix..
the first three things are ok with me but in finding the matrix i just can't find it right so i decided to study it as a rule without any working but i don't knw if it is ok with the examinar though there are always 2 marks on that matrix question soo i don't knw ... is it ok?? and if u can explain shortly how to getthe matrix in a simple way??

Reaction score
the first three things are ok with me but in finding the matrix i just can't find it right so i decided to study it as a rule without any working but i don't knw if it is ok with the examinar though there are always 2 marks on that matrix question soo i don't knw ... is it ok?? and if u can explain shortly how to getthe matrix in a simple way??
do you know multiplication of matrices?
and well...use the formula
Doubt...jpg

Reaction score
do you know multiplication of matrices?
and well...use the formula
View attachment 9233
yeah i do but with transformation it in a little confusing cuz i don't have that part of the lesson in my book i only have the idea and the matrix as u see
ok let me ask something .... when i have for example a triangle which is reflected on line Y=X how can i find the transormation matrix which maps the triangle on its image?

Reaction score
yeah i do but with transformation it in a little confusing cuz i don't have that part of the lesson in my book i only have the idea and the matrix as u see
ok let me ask something .... when i have for example a triangle which is reflected on line Y=X how can i find the transormation matrix which maps the triangle on its image?
take 2 object co-ordinates....find it's inverse! then take the 'corresponding' image co-ordinates and multiply it with the objects inverse! you already learnt the matrices so you will know if your answer is wrong!

Reaction score
I spent 30 mints on this part, cudnt get it =\ !!
Question 6, (c)

Attachments

• 0580_w11_qp_42.pdf
    231.9 KB · Views: 7