• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can someone tell me how they resolved for moments of weight of sector ..
they say its 20 × OGcos(π /3 –θ ) but why they minused θ

q7 . M2 .. m'j 13 .. va. 51

Reaction score
Hi everybody :)
Can someone help me out with this Statistics 1 question:
An urn contains 5 red cubes and 4 white cubes. Three cubes are drawn in succession without replacement. What is the probability that
(a) the first two cubes are red and the third one white.
(b) two cubes are red, and one is white?
Answers: (a) 10/63 , (b) 10/21

Reaction score
give an example then i can tell u...
but here's an example to help you if it does.....
the vertical axis is a complex number, horizontal axis is real number.
Thanks bro , but i now those basic things .. i meant when it comes in hard question for eg 5 Marks ,,, how to draw it ?
Does it have to be to scale,? or drawing it without scale ?

eg, 1- if said draw Z + 2 - 2i > 1
we will draw with radius one , but is the point ( 2 - 2i )
or ( 2i -2 ) because one of my friends told me arrange equation to make equation Z - ( ... )

Attachments

• dklf.jpg
    dklf.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
Thanks bro , but i now those basic things .. i meant when it comes in hard question for eg 5 Marks ,,, how to draw it ?
Does it have to be to scale,? or drawing it without scale ?

eg, 1- if said draw Z + 2 - 2i > 1
we will draw with radius one , but is the point ( 2 - 2i )
or ( 2i -2 ) because one of my friends told me arrange equation to make equation Z - ( ... )
ur friends waas right... u have to bring it to the form Z - (...)

so here u will plot a circle with a radius 1 and centre (-2+2i)

don't write (2i-2) ... Instead --> (-2+2i)
Otherwise it just confuses u when sitting in the examination hall. u might plot the imaginary coordinate on the x axis in a hurry if it's written as (2i-2)

Reaction score
daredevil is a Female :p
thanks for clarifying it :p

and sitooon let's c if TheZodiac 's guide can help u and even ME! :p
if there's still a problem then we can solve that quesstion...?? :p bcz its complex and i dont want to get my hands dirty on that one just yet.... not in the mood :p
but if u still want me to do then DO TELL bcz i shud not shirk away from these questions and succumb to my laziness :p

so watever the case just holler ^_^

Reaction score
thanks for clarifying it :p

and sitooon let's c if TheZodiac 's guide can help u and even ME! :p
if there's still a problem then we can solve that quesstion...?? :p bcz its complex and i dont want to get my hands dirty on that one just yet.... not in the mood :p
but if u still want me to do then DO TELL bcz i shud not shirk away from these questions and succumb to my laziness :p

so watever the case just holler ^_^
I am sorry, I didn't see that you already explained it. Whatever you wrote was correct and that's how argand diagrams are sketched. However, this guide is just for elaboration. :)

As Xtremepaper server isn't letting me upload the file in here, I've uploaded it on my dropbox account.
I hope this link works.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9pdws1gqxo1b3yd/scan0007.pdf?m=

Reaction score
I am sorry, I didn't see that you already explained it. Whatever you wrote was correct and that's how argand diagrams are sketched. However, this guide is just for elaboration. :)

As Xtremepaper server isn't letting me upload the file in here, I've uploaded it on my dropbox account.
I hope this link works.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9pdws1gqxo1b3yd/scan0007.pdf?m=
dude that is like AWESOME!! (Y) (Y)
it's like all about argand diagrams in the most comprehensive manner i have yet seen!! Thankks a lottt man!!! If you have more this like that can you plz link me those tooo!! P3 is extremely difficult. You were a great help on this topic!! :D

sitooon I think all will be explained with this one. If you still have a problem then holler :)

Reaction score
dude that is like AWESOME!! (Y) (Y)
it's like all about argand diagrams in the most comprehensive manner i have yet seen!! Thankks a lottt man!!! If you have more this like that can you plz link me those tooo!! P3 is extremely difficult. You were a great help on this topic!! :D

sitooon I think all will be explained with this one. If you still have a problem then holler :)
Glad I could help. :)
Insha'Allah I'll try to post more guides depending on the topic being asked. In return, do pray for me because I've LCAT exam tomorrow. Would be extremely grateful.

Reaction score
Glad I could help. :)
Insha'Allah I'll try to post more guides depending on the topic being asked. In return, do pray for me because I've LCAT exam tomorrow. Would be extremely grateful.
Oohh Best of Luck !! (Y)
ummm can you just like send them without being asked...??? ^_^ :p
and do you have such AWESOME material on any other subject??
I''ll send you mine too if you need any...

Reaction score
Oohh Best of Luck !! (Y)
ummm can you just like send them without being asked...??? ^_^ :p
and do you have such AWESOME material on any other subject??
I''ll send you mine too if you need any...
Sure thing. :) I will upload all the notes and stuff I have tomorrow. Right now I am studying for LCAT :p I hope it's okay?

Reaction score
Sure thing. :) I will upload all the notes and stuff I have tomorrow. Right now I am studying for LCAT :p I hope it's okay?
yeahh yeah thats completely fine. Thankss...

Umm I had a question about the second last page from the notes you linked.. (screenshot attached)
(0,3) pe banana tha na hum ne.... this diagram is wrong... hai na? it is made on (0,-3) Just want to make sure...

Attachments

• argand diagram.png
    argand diagram.png
    945.7 KB · Views: 9