• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Hey Guys, can someone please solve 6 (ii)?
Untitled.png

Reaction score
Hey Guys, can someone please solve 6 (ii)?
Untitled.png

there are 2 cases of constant acceleration.
Before reaching the liquid:
a = 10 s = 5 u = o v = ? t = ?
use constant acceleration formulas to find v and t
v = 10, t = 1

Inside the liquid:
a = 5.5 s = 4 u = 10 (v of previous) v = ? t = ?
again use constant acceleration formulas
v = 12, t = 0.36

For the sketch, make a straight line from the origin to (1, 10). This is for the part before the liquid
Then make a line of less gradient from (1,10) to (1.36, 12) for the part inside the liquid.

Reaction score
Why isn't T2 20s? My values were 10 and 30 but when I inserted value of 21 in second derivative of velocity it was giving me positive so increasing? And when I put 19 it was giving me negative so decreasing?_20150511_142356.JPG

Reaction score
there are 2 cases of constant acceleration.
Before reaching the liquid:
a = 10 s = 5 u = o v = ? t = ?
use constant acceleration formulas to find v and t
v = 10, t = 1

Inside the liquid:
a = 5.5 s = 4 u = 10 (v of previous) v = ? t = ?
again use constant acceleration formulas
v = 12, t = 0.36

For the sketch, make a straight line from the origin to (1, 10). This is for the part before the liquid
Then make a line of less gradient from (1,10) to (1.36, 12) for the part inside the liquid.
Aren't we supposed to make the graph in the negative section? because it is going downwards isn't it?

Reaction score
Do u know how to convert a velocity time graph to distance time or vice versa? I'm rly facing issue in this
It's not too bad as long as you understand that the v/t graph is the graph of the gradient of s/t and remember a few cases.
constant velocity is a straight diagonal line for displacement
straight diagonal line for velocity is increasing gradient graph for displacement
curved graph for velocity is increasing gradient at an increasing/decreasing rate for displacement, depending on the curve in the v/t graph

I have some doubts please clear.

- Why is 'c' ignored when integrating velocity to find disp?
Because we are doing definite integration. The c cancels out.

Won't they cut marks if I drew it in the wrong direction?
There is no 'right' or 'wrong' direction. Positive can be any direction as long as you show motion in the opposite direction as negative.