• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Well, this was how I'd solved it before:

Simply 'choose' 2 Gs out of 3, and the remaining 7 letters can be completely random!

G G _ _ _ _ _ _ _...............[consider GG to be 'attached' together so that it can alternate in 2! ways]

n = 2! x 3c2 x 7!.................. [but don't forget that there are 3 recurring Es too!]
..............3!
...= 5040...... Q.E.D

P.S. If you're still uncertain, let me know. I'll work in it one more time.
but then what happens to the other G?

Reaction score
Can anyone please explain 4 (iii)
it would be of great help :)
this is mechanics 2 btw

Attachments

• 9709_w11_ms_51.pdf
    156.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 9709_w11_qp_51.pdf
    98.9 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
Well, this was how I'd solved it before:

Simply 'choose' 2 Gs out of 3, and the remaining 7 letters can be completely random!

G G _ _ _ _ _ _ _...............[consider GG to be 'attached' together so that it can alternate in 2! ways]

n = 2! x 3c2 x 7!.................. [but don't forget that there are 3 recurring Es too!]
..............3!
...= 5040...... Q.E.D

P.S. If you're still uncertain, let me know. I'll work in it one more time.
CNT GET UR WAYYY,,,,,,,,my stratergy was too find two Gs 2gether,,,,,,without emphaisizing exctly 2 meaning i ll have calculated both 2 and 3 and then subtract that from exactly 3....bt dount knw where's the problem

Reaction score
help???

thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-05-23 at 11.09.09 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-05-23 at 11.09.09 PM.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 7
Reaction score
Reaction score
Since probability of going to park is 0.6,hence not going is 0.4. The dog barks when goes to park = 0.6x 0.35 aand not going to park = 0.4x0.75.Sum it up =)
sorrY bt have askd fr the last part :eek: any ways thanx fr ur co-operation i gt ma answer

Reaction score
this question has been solved three to 4 times plz check from pages 170 onwards
i know how to solve this i was just wondering when should we use this method and when do we just use the probability they've given?

Reaction score
i know how to solve this i was just wondering when should we use this method and when do we just use the probability they've given?

the probability given will be still using it.. and when they say "within", we hv to find the lower and upper boundary.