• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Guys i want to ask you how much time does it usually take to do A2 maths P3 and S1? Can i do it in 5 months with past papers practice that ensures me A grade?
if u concentrate on p1 and try to maximise your mark in that paper than you can do the maximum that you can in s1 u will surely get good results.....the paper weightage for p1 is higher than that for s1

Reaction score
what were your AS grades?
talking about practice i believe S1 needs more practice while for pure you need clear up the concepts real good. But do practice for both the papers coming to which past years papers more the better but if you don't have much time you should surely do the latest one try to get the patter there are high chances of same format of paper.

P1: A M1: A

Reaction score
how to prove (sinx+cosx)(1-sinxcosx) equals to sin^3x+cos^3x?
I will twist it to : (sin^3x+cos^3x)/(sinx+cosx) = 1-sinxcosx. Its the same question, just a minor twist, do it yourself the original question, here it is :¬
=> (sin^3x+cos^3x)/(sinx+cosx)
[Just use the a^3+b^3 formula]
=> [(sinx+cosx)(sin^2x-sinx.cosx+cos^2x)] / (sinx+cosx)
[The sinx+cosx from numerator and denominator cancels out]
=> sin^2x-sinx.cosx+cos^2x
=> 1-sinx.cosx [because sin^2x+cos^2x = 1]
=> RHS...Proved

Reaction score
I will twist it to : (sin^3x+cos^3x)/(sinx+cosx) = 1-sinxcosx. Its the same question, just a minor twist, do it yourself the original question, here it is :¬
=> (sin^3x+cos^3x)/(sinx+cosx)
[Just use the a^3+b^3 formula]
=> [(sinx+cosx)(sin^2x-sinx.cosx+cos^2x)] / (sinx+cosx)
[The sinx+cosx from numerator and denominator cancels out]
=> sin^2x-sinx.cosx+cos^2x
=> 1-sinx.cosx [because sin^2x+cos^2x = 1]
=> RHS...Proved
thanks. do you know how to quickly find the range of a function like 5-3sinx? or something similar. my teacher tells us to sketch but i think id miss a point

Reaction score
A question from s1:
A committee of 6 ppl, which must contain at least 4 men and at least 1 woman, is to be chosen from 10 men and 9 women.
A) find the no of possible committed that include either Albert(man) or tracey(woman) but not both.