• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
question is how many can sit in one taxi ?
hey, try this one About permutations. 7 boys are to be seated in a row. calculate the number of different ways in which this an be done if two particular boys, andrew and brian have exactly the three of the other boys between them?

Reaction score
hey, try this one About permutations. 7 boys are to be seated in a row. calculate the number of different ways in which this an be done if two particular boys, andrew and brian have exactly the three of the other boys between them?

these questions have always f'ing confused me! these in a row ones ..

anyways the answer should either be 120 (the answer which is coming) or 160 .. am i even close to the real answer? what's the answer?

Reaction score
he is asking that how many people can sit in one taxi? this must be given in the question!
by the way syed1995 i think that 4 or 3 people can sit in a taxi. Pakistan nahin hai! :p

and anyway, 5C2 + 5C1 IS 15! :LOL:

Gaddi mein bunday kitnay hain .. ye tu btao pahlay phir hi baat kar saktay hain .. wahan kia pta sirf 3 hi aik taxi mein beth saktay houn phir .. :p

Reaction score
these questions have always f'ing confused me! these in a row ones ..

anyways the answer should either be 120 (the answer which is coming) or 160 .. am i even close to the real answer? what's the answer?
the answer is 720. in the redspot it is solved like this 5!x3!x3!x2!=720

Reaction score
i think it is 720 : 2! * 5P3 * 3!

Reaction score
do you want me to draw the graph? it will be something like this:View attachment 11597

how did you GET the graph? I have no idea about it .. can ya explain the question to me?

btw can someone solve this question ?

xKuX

Reaction score
Heyy guys mathematics questions:
Summer 2008 paper 2
- Q2b(iii)
-Q4b(iv)(b)

please reply asap :)

and hello again to fellow nerds of the batch!! ;)

asd

Reaction score
how did you GET the graph? I have no idea about it .. can ya explain the question to me?

btw can someone solve this question ?

xKuX
For the graph, just make the graph as you do, and reflect the part below the x-axis above.
And the question you posted:
(i) at O, time is zero because its the time when the velocity was started to be measured.
So 5cos(0x4) = 5 m/s
(ii) Differentiate v to get acceleration : -20sin(4t)
For accel to be 10, -20sin(4t) = 10
4t = sin^-1 (-1/2)
angle = 1PI/6.
Note that the angle was -ve, so add PI to the angle to get 7PI/6
Divide by 4 = 7PI/24 = 0.92 s? LMAO what's the answer?
Now the last part is very easy.

Reaction score
For the graph, just make the graph as you do, and reflect the part below the x-axis above.
And the question you posted:
(i) at O, time is zero because its the time when the velocity was started to be measured.
So 5cos(0x4) = 5 m/s
(ii) Differentiate v to get acceleration : -20sin(4t)
For accel to be 10, -20sin(4t) = 10
4t = sin^-1 (-1/2)
angle = 1PI/6.
Note that the angle was -ve, so add PI to the angle to get 7PI/6
Divide by 4 = 7PI/24 = 0.92 s? LMAO what's the answer?
Now the last part is very easy.

Chah gaye Sir jee.. Chah gaye :D

Reactions: asd
Reaction score
Yaar quadratic Functions kay saray formulae post kardo idher ..

aur woh kesay find kartay hain kay curve minimum hoga ya maximum ?

asd

Reaction score
Yaar quadratic Functions kay saray formulae post kardo idher ..

aur woh kesay find kartay hain kay curve minimum hoga ya maximum ?
double deriative nikal k dekho ke positive hy ya negative, positive hy to minimum hoga. Alternatively arrange the equation in the form a(x-h)^2 + k , where h,k are the coordinates for minimum/max. (to find h, just equate (x-h)^2 = o )

Reaction score
xKN7

Part a i ka answer tu 2(x-2)^2 - 3 aagaya .. a=-2, b=-3

ab part ii mein kia karna hoga??

Reaction score
double deriative nikal k dekho ke positive hy ya negative, positive hy to minimum hoga. Alternatively arrange the equation in the form a(x-h)^2 + k , where h,k are the coordinates for minimum/max. (to find h, just equate (x-h)^2 = o )

nice :D that's what i was talking about .. i remembered the (x-h)^2 part didn't remember the full equation....